U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which CSA feels larger?
Chicagoland 136 81.44%
DC/Baltimore 24 14.37%
They feel equal 7 4.19%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 PM

7,726 posts, read 6,106,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Altitude View Post
D.C. = Lego city
Balti = Camden

Chicago = real city

/thread
Lmao!! That was pretty funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,090,689 times
Chicagoland feels almost as big as NYC tri state and the LA area.. The Baltimore-Washington area officially comes in at 4th place population wise behind NYC, LA, and Chicago respectively.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,025,903 times
Quote:
D.C. = Lego city
Balti = Camden

Chicago = real city

/thread
Baltimore is quite unlike Camden. Did you actually visit Baltimore or "learn everything about it" from The Wire? For starters, per capita income in Baltimore is nearly double Camden's. Secondly, Baltimore is the center city of its metro area. Camden is nothing like that. If you want a more valid unflattering comparison city for Baltimore you could use: Baltimore = Cleveland or Baltimore = St. Louis.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,279,945 times
Chicago. DC and Baltimore should not even be grouped together. It should just be DC, Baltimore is just that smaller metro area to the north.

Chicagoland though is massive. It is hard to even grasp unless you have lived there.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:26 AM

139 posts, read 204,259 times
I don't mean to totally hijack this thread, but this is exactly why the Chicagoland area needs another NFL franchise! I'm tired of these smaller CSA's (DC/Balt, Bay Area) having two NFL teams while Chicago's insatiable appetite for NFL football is shoehorned into a 62,000 seat stadium at $200-$300 a ticket to see a team that has missed the playoffs in 7 out the last 8 years.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:43 AM

907 posts, read 663,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3Flatlander View Post
I don't mean to totally hijack this thread, but this is exactly why the Chicagoland area needs another NFL franchise! I'm tired of these smaller CSA's (DC/Balt, Bay Area) having two NFL teams while Chicago's insatiable appetite for NFL football is shoehorned into a 62,000 seat stadium at $200-$300 a ticket to see a team that has missed the playoffs in 7 out the last 8 years.
LA, a much bigger CSA than Chicagoland, doesn't even have a team ...comparing DC/Balt and the Bay is kind of a mistake as well...DC/Balt is two relatively large metros merging together...we don't really root for each others teams...living in Maryland, I was happy that the Ravens won 2 years ago but I never felt a "we won" type of sensation

Old 04-13-2015, 12:58 PM

7,906 posts, read 12,141,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
LA, a much bigger CSA than Chicagoland, doesn't even have a team ...comparing DC/Balt and the Bay is kind of a mistake as well...DC/Balt is two relatively large metros merging together...we don't really root for each others teams...living in Maryland, I was happy that the Ravens won 2 years ago but I never felt a "we won" type of sensation
Maybe that's the solution to the "LA problem": Give LA a franchise and add a second team in Chicago. It would even out the imbalance that would exist by just adding a LA team. On the other hand, it would be tough to get any one in the Chicago area to root for a team other than the Bears.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:46 PM

10,551 posts, read 13,076,666 times
Quote:
D.C. = Lego city
Balti = Camden

Chicago = real city

/thread
This is awesome!

Old 04-13-2015, 03:48 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,191,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3Flatlander View Post
Yeah, it beats LA having no teams and only exists as a threat to other cities when they don't feel like paying for a new stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I'm surprised this was even brought up, but I guess CSA fanatics love to point to the numbers and try to compare apples to watermelons. I've only been to DC a couple of times, but at least for now, in no way does it feel as large (massive is a better adjective) as Chicagoland. I'm sure NYC makes Chicagoland feel a similar way.
Blame the government for creating the CSA designation that really, no one in the real world cares about.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:28 PM

18,600 posts, read 26,981,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Maybe that's the solution to the "LA problem": Give LA a franchise and add a second team in Chicago. It would even out the imbalance that would exist by just adding a LA team. On the other hand, it would be tough to get any one in the Chicago area to root for a team other than the Bears.
Which is why it's ridiculous to even think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or