U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 AM

31,580 posts, read 53,131,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Actually human beings came from the tropics. Look at Africa, do they have AC? Look at where most plant and animal species thrive, in the tropics, not in sub-tropics, or mediterranean climates like California.
haha this has nothing to do with cities and pleasant weather.

Enjoy your conditioned air.

Quote:
take my fat jab too personally, I don't know if you're fat or not
hahaha something tells me you have more daily interaction with fat people than I do.
The fattest states in America - MarketWatch

There's nothing with fat people btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:07 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,481,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
haha this has nothing to do with cities and pleasant weather.

Enjoy your conditioned air.
Eh, I'm outside in my courtyard, on my laptop, talking to some girl from Poland on vacation who just (conveniently) happened to be gushing about our weather and wants to go to the beach later

Quote:
hahaha something tells me you have more daily interaction with fat people than I do.
I see you avoided the topic of you being fat

Old 04-10-2015, 09:21 AM

15,404 posts, read 24,395,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
Is it South Florida? Is it Southern California? Which area has the most balanced weather in America?
Coastal Southern CA has what probably most would considered the most balanced for not being too hot or tool cold, mostly mid-60's to mid-70's year round. It doesn't really deal with any severe weather either.

South Florida is on the hot and humid side with a lot more rain/thunderstorms and possibility of severe storms. Probably more like 80-90 year round with high humidity in summer.

What kind of temperatures are you ideally looking for?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:22 AM

1,765 posts, read 1,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
The high temps in Monterey, CA only vary by about 10-15 degrees. Winter highs are usually in the mid 50s-low 60s, and summer highs tend to be upper 60s-low 70s. Crazy expensive though.
Monterey... My personal choice.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Eh, I'm outside in my courtyard, on my laptop, talking to some girl from Poland on vacation who just (conveniently) happened to be gushing about our weather and wants to go to the beach later
"Im so impressed" said no one ever.

You basically live in a swamp by the sea.

Quote:
I see you avoided the topic of you being fat
haha someone getting desparate I see.

Oh, and my near *perfect* body is not the topic at hand, but you are welcome to dream about it, lots of people do.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
"Im so impressed" said no one ever.

You basically live in a swamp by the sea.
Better a tropical swamp than an arid desert.

Oh and the people who come are impressed. We get more international tourists than San Francisco Like this Polish girl who would never dream going to San Francisco for a 'weather' vacation.

Quote:
Oh, and my near *perfect* body is not the topic at hand, but you are welcome to dream about it, lots of people do.
Time to wake up from your dream Monty

Old 04-10-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Better a tropical swamp than an arid desert.
not really "tropical", but definitely swampy.

Quote:
Oh and the people who come are impressed. We get more international tourists than San Francisco Like this Polish girl who would never dream going to San Francisco for a 'weather' vacation.
And yet, aside from Latin American refugees, the Bay Area has more foreigners actually LIVING there.

Born in Europe, 2013
Bay Area CSA 212,000
Miami CSA 143,000

Born in Asia, 2013
Bay Area CSA.1,309,000
Miami CSA 129,000

Born in Africa, 2013
Bay Area CSA 47,000
Miami CSA 17,000

Born in Oceania, 2013
Bay Area CSA 30,000
Miami CSA 1,900

MORAL OF THE STORY: Miami to visit, SF to live in.

Quote:
Time to wake up from your dream Monty
yes it is sunshine.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM

11,796 posts, read 9,718,565 times
San Francisco weather is terrible. San Diego probably has the most ideal weather in the US.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
not really "tropical", but definitely swampy.
Try the other way around, Miami Beach is an island, sandbar. Nothing really "swampy" tbh, but officially classified as Tropical by Koeppen, the most wide used climate classification system. Are you jealous?

Quote:
And yet, aside from Latin American refugees, the Bay Area has more foreigners actually LIVING there.
Because it's harder to live here, fewer jobs, but if they could, they'd all live here, trust me. Which is good for us, because we're overcrowded as it is

Old 04-10-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
San Francisco weather is terrible. San Diego probably has the most ideal weather in the US.
San Francisco has terrible weather because vast majority of people don't actually like 60s for daytime highs unless they're coming off a cold winter and have been desensitized to cold. I lived in San Diego for the summer of 2010 where we had a summer in the 60s and lower 70s on the beach and EVERYONE complained. Locals, tourists. It was the worst summer I ever remembered spending in my life.

No thanks.

I think for most people, 75-85F is perfect daytime high, and 55-65F for over night low. Me personally I prefer 80-90F, and 60-70F for nighttime low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or