Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: DOES DC HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH NYC OR ATLANTA
NYC 38 36.89%
ATLANTA 65 63.11%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:52 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Great, thanks. NOW. I want you to do everyone a favor. Look at the link you yourself just posted. Read off the names from the Alpha - category. I see Washington in there. You're right, it is an Alpha city.

BUT.

Do you see Atlanta listed in the EXACT SAME TIER?!

Do you see that, Deluusions?

Can you see - on the EXACT same link you posted - that Atlanta is in THE EXACT SAME TIER AS D.C.?

Do you see that? Here, I'll post it again for you.

Alpha, Beta and Gamma cities (updated 2015) | Experience cities like a local!

Remember a few posts back when you so rudely scoffed at the notion that Atlanta might be listed in the same tier as D.C.?

Do you remember that? It just happened this morning.

And you boasted that D.C. is an Alpha world city?

Do you remember that?

And we asked you to provide a link to a study.

Well, you did. YOU JUST DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ YOUR OWN LINK.
I did read my own link smart one. In 2014 Atlanta wasn't an Alpha world class city, it was beta. I was still CORRECT because DC should never be placed in the same tier with Houston or definitely Dallas. I was still right so cry about it. I messed up about Atlanta because this just recently just came out smart one but in 2014 Atlanta was not considered Alpha. You questioned how is DC a world class city now you're changing it to saying I said Atlanta wasn't. Well guess what Atlanta wasn't and now it is as of a few months ago. DC has been considered alpha world class for a couple of years now. Congrats to Atlanta, I'm simply not hating at all. It's just a couple of months ago it wasn't alpha and I haven't bothered to look at the most recent rankings yet.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
No. You were not. Please see the above post.

Awkward indeed.
What awkward is that you said DC wasn't an alpha world class? It's been for a couple of years now, Atlanta just became it 4 months ago......

Awkward indeed. Stay on hush mode.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:55 AM

560 posts, read 666,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
I did read my own link smart one. In 2014 Atlanta wasn't an Alpha world class city, it was beta. I was still CORRECT because DC should never be placed in the same tier with Houston or definitely Dallas. I was still right so cry about it. I messed up about Atlanta because this just recently just came out smart one but in 2014 Atlanta was not considered Alpha. You questioned how is DC a world class city now you're changing it to saying I said Atlanta wasn't. Well guess what Atlanta wasn't and now it is as of a few months ago. DC has been considered alpha world class for a couple of years now. Congrats to Atlanta, I'm simply not hating at all. It's just a couple of months ago it wasn't alpha and I haven't bothered to look at the most recent rankings yet.
AGAIN, WRONG. Here is a link from 2012. Atlanta was an alpha city then too!

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2012

Keep it up though!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:57 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times
Quote:
Alpha, Beta and Gamma cities (updated 2015) | Experience cities like a local!

SMH are you serious right now? Of course DC is an Alpha world class city. Before you go blabbering again like you know everything there is the study and link right above. DC is before San Francisco too.
Atlanta is in the same tier of Alpha- cities; you said earlier that it wasn't. Houston and Dallas aren't far behind at all as Beta+ cities. All of these cities are much closer to each other than any of them are to NYC, which is one of only two Alpha++ cities in the world (with the other being London).

Old 04-30-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
AGAIN, WRONG. Here is a link from 2012. Atlanta was an alpha city then too!

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2012

Keep it up though!
I'm talking about Alpha, Alpha + and Alpha -. There's a difference, not so smart? DC was ranked way ahead of Atlanta. Big difference between then and now.

Again, stay on hush mode. Keep it up though!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
DC is an alpha world class city. What are you blabbering about? It's not in the same tier with Atlanta, Houston and definitely not Dallas.... smh.

Remember when you said this? You said D.C. was an Alpha city And the very next sentence, you said "IT IS NOT IN THE SAME TIER WITH ATLANTA."

How, after all this, can you possibly still claim you are right?

Recap:

You said DC is an alpha world city.

You said Atlanta not in the same tier.

(WHICH WOULD IMPLY ATLANTA IS NOT LISTED AS AN ALPHA WORLD CITY).

You said Atlanta joined alpha status in 2014.

Your username is certainly apropos.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about Alpha, Alpha + and Alpha -. There's a difference, not so smart? DC was ranked way ahead of Atlanta. Big difference between then and now.

Again, stay on hush mode. Keep it up though!
It even shows DC in the exact same tier. Alpha minus.

What are you failing to read?

The link you posted was from 2015. Let's use your link. IT STILL LISTS DC AS AN ALPHA MINUS CITY JUST LIKE ATLANTA.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Remember when you said this? You said D.C. was an Alpha city And the very next sentence, you said "IT IS NOT IN THE SAME TIER WITH ATLANTA."

How, after all this, can you possibly still claim you are right?

Recap:

You said DC is an alpha world city.

You said Atlanta not in the same tier.

(WHICH WOULD IMPLY ATLANTA IS NOT LISTED AS AN ALPHA WORLD CITY).

You said Atlanta joined alpha status in 2014.

Your username is certainly apropos.
Go to bed. Atlanta and DC aren't in the same tier that's my personal opinion. Doesn't mean Atlanta isn't an Alpha world class city.

You care too much what other people think. Yes I was right because DC is an alpha world class city but I was incorrect about Atlanta. I already said that many post ago? Again what are you blabbering about now? YOU said DC wasn't an alpha world class city? Go to bed.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
It even shows DC in the exact same tier. Alpha minus.

What are you failing to read?

The link you posted was from 2015. Let's use your link. IT STILL LISTS DC AS AN ALPHA MINUS CITY JUST LIKE ATLANTA.
Yes I see DC is in Alpha minus. Atlanta was also but many spots down obviously it's different now which is what I'm saying. You fail to comprehend things or?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Yes I see DC is in Alpha minus. Atlanta was also but many spots down obviously it's different now which is what I'm saying. You fail to comprehend things or?

This is getting ridiculous:

"DC is an Alpha city. Atlanta is not in the same tier!"

Hey, Atlanta is also an alpha city, in the same tier.

"There's differences. Plus, minus, etc."

Yep, and they are both listed in the same sub-tier too. Both alpha minus.

"You fail to comprehend things or?"

Huh?

FACT: You were proven wrong. Plain and simple.

You can keep amending your words and moving the goal posts all you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City