U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: DOES DC HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH NYC OR ATLANTA
NYC 38 36.89%
ATLANTA 65 63.11%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:10 AM

555 posts, read 452,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Go to bed. Atlanta and DC aren't in the same tier that's my personal opinion. Doesn't mean Atlanta isn't an Alpha world class city.

You care too much what other people think. Yes I was right because DC is an alpha world class city but I was incorrect about Atlanta. I already said that many post ago? Again what are you blabbering about now? YOU said DC wasn't an alpha world class city? Go to bed.
When did I say DC wasn't a world city?

WHEN, find my post for saying that and I'll apologize. I will.

Quote my post where I said that DC wasn't a world city.

I simply asked you to show me where DC was listed as a world city. And I did this because I knew you would post a link which also included Atlanta. And I was right.

Go to bed? It's 7 am where I am now. Why would I go to bed at seven AM on a Thursday?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 AM

1,833 posts, read 1,707,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post

This is getting ridiculous:

"DC is an Alpha city. Atlanta is not in the same tier!"

Hey, Atlanta is also an alpha city, in the same tier.

"There's differences. Plus, minus, etc."

Yep, and they are both listed in the same sub-tier too. Both alpha minus.

"You fail to comprehend things or?"

Huh?

FACT: You were proven wrong. Plain and simple.

You can keep amending your words and moving the goal posts all you want.
You obviously haven't read my previous post. Or you just can't comprehend words. I said Atlanta not being in the same tier as DC is MY personal OPINION. Get over it.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:13 AM

27,611 posts, read 24,793,924 times
Quote:
Go to bed. Atlanta and DC aren't in the same tier that's my personal opinion. Doesn't mean Atlanta isn't an Alpha world class city.
So you resort to personal opinion when you've been proven to be factually wrong?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
When did I say DC wasn't a world city?

WHEN, find my post for saying that and I'll apologize. I will.

Quote my post where I said that DC wasn't a world city.

I simply asked you to show me where DC was listed as a world city. And I did this because I knew you would post a link which also included Atlanta. And I was right.

Go to bed? It's 7 am where I am now. Why would I go to bed at seven AM on a Thursday?
"Where are you getting that DC is an alpha world city from? Please post a study that shows this as soon as possible."

Blahblah you did this because this and that and this blahblahblah. Ok Sherlock.

You can sleep at anytime you desire?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You obviously haven't read my previous post. Or you just can't comprehend words. I said Atlanta not being in the same tier as DC is MY personal OPINION. Get over it.
Oh, it's your opinion now? I thought we were trading in statistics. We are, after all, posting links to studies and such.

See here's the thing Deluusions, if you weren't so rude to people ("blabbering", "SMH", etc), I probably would ignore you when you're factually wrong. But you should get as good as you give.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But you then used a factual reference to back up your opinion; that's where the inconsistency lies.
I used facts to back up DC was an alpha world class city. I never used stats to say Atlanta wasn't. Read. The poster asked where it said DC was an Alpha class city!! He said nothing about Atlanta.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:34 AM

27,749 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Quote:
I used facts to back up DC was an alpha world class city. I never used stats to say Atlanta wasn't. Read. The poster asked where it said DC was an Alpha class city!! He said nothing about Atlanta.
But in that same post, you said Atlanta wasn't in the same tier--and then produced a factual source that showed DC as an Alpha- city and Atlanta was in that same tier. You're really twisting yourself into knots here.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I used to prove DC was an Alpha world class city. SMH look at my original post smart one. I never used facts to prove Atlanta wasn't an alpha world class city. I said its my OPINION that Atlanta isn't in the same tier. Did I ever use stats to prove Atlanta wasn't?! NO. Read, read, read.

Stay on hush mode. Stay factually wrong and stay being able not to comprehend jack squat.
"DC is an alpha world class city. What are you blabbering about? It's not in the same tier with Atlanta, Houston and definitely not Dallas.... smh."

That's your original post on the matter. The one that started it all. Where does the word "opinion" appear? For that matter, where do the words, "I think" even come into play?

When you're discussing something that is statistically measurable AND you fail to frame your thoughts as personal opinion AND you then post statistical information, nobody has any reason to think that you're just offering up an opinion.

Also, please stop with the name calling. "Tick," etc. It's childish and it's beneath you. I've read good posts from you on other threads. I know you're better than this.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But in that same post, you said Atlanta wasn't in the same tier--and then produced a factual source that showed DC as an Alpha- city and Atlanta was in that same tier. You're really twisting yourself into knots here.
Atlanta isn't in the same tier off my OPINION. Although my whole post and purpose of it was saying DC is an alpha world class city. I've made myself clear already why are you still riding my coat tail about it?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:39 AM

18,211 posts, read 25,908,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
This was a good post until the last paragraph. Boston and Philadelphia I wouldn't put either city a tier above Atlanta, Houston, Dallas or DC for that matter. Density and a few prestigious colleges are the only things I can think of that may put them ahead of Atlanta. LA, Chicago, and San Francisco are what I consider second tier cities. Atlanta is being disrespected because it lacks the density of C-D darling cities.
My point was only dealing with urbanity. Not with anything else. Sorry for the confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or