U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:34 PM

4,644 posts, read 3,012,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curious_urbanist View Post
Fine. Philadelphia is probably too sophisticated for someone from Kentucky anyway.
Keep telling yourself this the next time you go to RTM for some scrapple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 10:51 AM

400 posts, read 345,812 times
I probably would move to either Italy or Brazil. If it was in the states, I always thought Hawaii seems appealing but I've heard it's crazy expensive there compared to the mainland.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,977,700 times
My wife and I were just talking about this last night. If we were to stay in the US, and money was no object - Monterey, CA area.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:51 PM

43 posts, read 36,953 times
London, Paris or Nice, France.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,479,278 times
I'm not tied down as it is and I picked Miami Beach as my base. It's actually works out that I'm not necessarily there very often, but when I come back from one of my long stints in Asia or Europe, and I come to my house, warm breezes blowing through my rooms, going outside in south beach and being able to walk anywhere, or just going to a beautiful beach. I realize that this place is heaven on earth compared to many other places I could live.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 PM

200 posts, read 238,077 times
Probably Taipei. It has the Chinese culture and food that I love, but without communism.
Furthermore, the city is small enough so that one isn't overwhelmed by it, but large enough so that there are constantly things to see and do, like shopping in Ximending, the "Harajuku of Taipei". I also love the night markets there- there really isn't any equivalent in the US.

In America, I'd like to live in San Francisco, LA, or anywhere with good Asian food

Last edited by garyjohnyang; 04-27-2015 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 PM

5,787 posts, read 6,339,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjohnyang View Post
Probably Taipei. It has the Chinese culture and food that I love, but without communism.
Furthermore, the city is small enough so that one isn't overwhelmed by it, but large enough so that there are constantly things to see and do, like shopping in Ximending, the "Harajuku of Taipei". I also love the night markets there- there really isn't any equivalent in the US.

In America, I'd like to live in San Francisco, LA, or anywhere with good Asian food
haha, I like your thinking. I'm pretty much the same way.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:36 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,898,310 times
Where would I live...

Back to:
- Los Angeles
- Orange County, CA
- Bay Area (sans San Francisco...ugh!)
- Western Europe (lived in the Netherlands, but open to it or other nations)

Or...
- Ventura County
- California's Central Coast
- True Northern California (from just north of the Bay Area to the Oregon border)
- Southwest British Columbia (Vancouver, Victoria)
- Greater New York City
- Key West
- Houston
- Greenville/Spartanburg (maybe)
- Savannah/Charleston/Hilton Head area (maybe)
- Chicago (the frigid winters might be an issue, however)
- Select Eastern European cities (e.g., Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Bratislava)
- Major cities of East Asia (e.g., Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei)

I'm quite satisfied in California for now and think it's fantastic--except for San Diego, where I am for the moment. Just isn't for me. But thankfully California's freakin' huge.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 AM

282 posts, read 256,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I'm not tied down as it is and I picked Miami Beach as my base. It's actually works out that I'm not necessarily there very often, but when I come back from one of my long stints in Asia or Europe, and I come to my house, warm breezes blowing through my rooms, going outside in south beach and being able to walk anywhere, or just going to a beautiful beach. I realize that this place is heaven on earth compared to many other places I could live.
Why would you settle for Miami Beach when you could live more gloriously in the South of France? Money issues?

Old 04-28-2015, 02:03 AM

400 posts, read 345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
Why would you settle for Miami Beach when you could live more gloriously in the South of France? Money issues?
Miami Beach nightlife is pretty legendary amongst East Coasters... I would choose that over South of France then again I'm in my 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or