U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite of the three?
Atlanta 46 38.33%
Miami 31 25.83%
Mexico City 43 35.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:41 AM

20,155 posts, read 21,760,655 times

Advertisements

Mexico City - Bustling megacity that seems to get better with each day.
Miami - Wonderfully moderate climate, beautiful environs, great design scene, cosmopolitan
Atlanta - Pretty solid city

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 05-10-2015 at 07:57 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 05:58 PM

5,796 posts, read 6,351,083 times
I've never been to DF so I'm just guessing that it would be my favorite of the three. I'm just a sucker for bustling, super dense, cosmopolitan, multicultural international cities. I'm not sure how well DF stacks up in the last two categories, but the fact that its primary culture and feel is non-American gives in an edge anyway. Also, having grown up and lived most my life within comfortable driving distance of both MIA and ATL, they aren't terribly interesting to me anymore. I do like both cities, but probably not in the same league as a city like DF.

If I'm choosing between the places I've been, I'd pick ATL over MIA. They both have great positives and similar negatives for me, but ultimately Atlanta has much better Asian food.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:24 PM

708 posts, read 778,225 times
ATLANTA, of course!

Old 05-11-2015, 04:36 PM

98 posts, read 96,083 times
Mexico City - A true megacity, with excellent cultural institutions and a long history. On a completely different level than the other two options.
-
-
-
Miami - Wonderful weather and food, cityscape can be a little bland.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Atlanta - A solid American city, but with a long way to go in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:43 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,421,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I've never been to DF so I'm just guessing that it would be my favorite of the three. I'm just a sucker for bustling, super dense, cosmopolitan, multicultural international cities. I'm not sure how well DF stacks up in the last two categories, but the fact that its primary culture and feel is non-American gives in an edge anyway. Also, having grown up and lived most my life within comfortable driving distance of both MIA and ATL, they aren't terribly interesting to me anymore. I do like both cities, but probably not in the same league as a city like DF.

If I'm choosing between the places I've been, I'd pick ATL over MIA. They both have great positives and similar negatives for me, but ultimately Atlanta has much better Asian food.
Who and where is DF ?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,381,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
If i could have an international career...Mexico City since yesterday. The immense culture and energy can't be matched by either Miami or Atlanta. Not to mention that el DF is within a few hours drive of gorgeous well preserved colonial towns in central Mexico.

Having that said, I dont see myself having a career where Mexico City would be an option, so I would move to Atlanta before Miami. Miami is a bit overpriced for what it has to offer...for those prices, i prefer California. So, IMO Atlanta is a better bang for the buck.

For me:

1)Mexico City
2)Atlanta
3)Miami
This

Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 PM

5,796 posts, read 6,351,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Who and where is DF ?
It's a common name for Mexico City (Distrito Federal)

Old 05-12-2015, 01:23 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,866,730 times
As wondeful as the positives are for Mexico City,ITS DEAD LAST out of these cities for me.However If I were a visitor from the U.S.,it be first but never a place I would live.
Any city with over 40% of its population over poverty and a rampant street homeless children population is just too much of a disparity.

Miami I have never loved although its worth visiting but again its not a very intellectually stimulating place.Its cultural institutions need improvement for a city its size and prominence.

Atlanta for me because its got growing,affordable and it status on the world stage is only getting bigger by every measure.There tons to do and people tend to be friendly.I have realized that Atlanta flies under the radar but once people visit they tend to be pleasantly surprised.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:25 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,866,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wt View Post
Mexico City - A true megacity, with excellent cultural institutions and a long history. On a completely different level than the other two options.
-
-
-
Miami - Wonderful weather and food, cityscape can be a little bland.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Atlanta - A solid American city, but with a long way to go in my opinion.
You have a right to your opinion but I am curious as to how YOU think Atlanta has a long way to go.In what ways?

Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 PM

7,797 posts, read 11,735,120 times
I won't get in to a back and forth about the merits of one city over another, but there is a something that's being left about Mexico City: It's a great place to live so long as you are rich/upper middle class. For everyone else, it sucks balls.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to single out Mexico City here. This is a problem for every big city in this world that isn't in the US, Canada, Japan, or Western Europe. Even if you work hard and are educated, unless you have money your life is basically filled with all kinds of crap that most people in this country can't imagine. From poor housing conditions, substandard infrastructure, stifling traffic, to crime (which is on another level in Mexico) it takes away from the truly great things about that city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or