U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite of the three?
Atlanta 46 38.33%
Miami 31 25.83%
Mexico City 43 35.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 08:48 PM

4,646 posts, read 3,018,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
No the blame is on Atlanta for not having adequate security to prevent it from happening.
No. The adequate security was there with Richard Jewell, who saved countless lives.

It's beyond obvious at this point that you hate Atlanta, so your credibility on this subject just evaporated in my opinion.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:50 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,266,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No. The adequate security was there with Richard Jewell, who saved countless lives.

It's beyond obvious at this point that you hate Atlanta, so your credibility on this subject just evaporated in my opinion.
And you're blinded homerism has ruined your credibility as well.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:52 PM

12,785 posts, read 12,756,075 times
Everyone should just agree that Atlanta is the best city in the world and then slowly back away...

Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
And where are your flights to Sydney or Aukland? Where is Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai? Those three Asian cities are FAR more significant globally than Rio or Santiago and even São Paulo for that matter. We will talk when Atlanta gets service to those cities.
Name the U.S cities that have nonstop flights to these cities. There are very few, particularly on the East Coast outside of NY/Newark. And Miami isn't among them. ATL has flights to Tokyo & Seoul daily, Seoul being the A380.

Quote:
You came off rude when I used SFO as an example so it's obviously you that has some jealous complex. I can understand why. Must be kind of boring plane spotting in Atlanta seeing Delta birds all day with little else. I prefer variety and not be forced on one dominant carrier for my overseas trips. To each their own I guess.
No, again. You came out rude right off the bat with snarky comments minimalizing Atlanta. But thanks again for playing.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Everyone should just agree that Atlanta is the best city in the world and then slowly back away...
As the known haters pile on...

The amount of vitriol directed towards this place never ceases to amaze me.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
And you're blinded homerism has ruined your credibility as well.
Hatred of a place and everything related to it is not normal. It's quite sad and ignorant, actually.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:06 PM

3,583 posts, read 3,670,021 times
Quote:
The O & D figures for Atlanta are around 32-35%. Do the math.

What's really laughable is that the much larger and more prosperous Bay Area doesn't enjoy the nonstop destinations offered in the Caribbean, Central and South America that Atlanta takes for granted. Talk about pathetic.

Enjoy your United hub. Arguably the worst Airline of the surviving legacies, at constant war with its own employees. And it shows.
SFO is very well connected to most of North America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand. Geographically, SFO is very far from the deep South America cities like Rio, Sao Paulo, Santiago and Buenos Aires. It's a lot easier for United to route that traffic via their large Houston hub. SFO-Sao Paulo is roughly 1800 miles longer than ATL-Sao Paulo.

Quote:
Name the U.S cities that have nonstop flights to these cities. There are very few, particularly on the East Coast outside of NY/Newark. And Miami isn't among them. ATL has flights to Tokyo & Seoul daily, Seoul being the A380.

No, again. You came out rude right off the bat with snarky comments minimalizing Atlanta. But thanks again for playing.
If you're talking about Beijing, Tokyo and Hong Kong, Boston has year round non-stop flights to all 3, plus Shanghai coming online very soon.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
SFO is very well connected to most of North America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand. Geographically, SFO is very far from the deep South America cities like Rio, Sao Paulo, Santiago and Buenos Aires. It's a lot easier for United to route that traffic via their large Houston hub. SFO-Sao Paulo is roughly 1800 miles longer than ATL-Sao Paulo.
I'm aware of all of this TAM88. That's why we have these flights to Latin America that SFO doesn't. It's also why we have service to Europe that they don't have.

Quote:
If you're talking about Beijing, Tokyo and Hong Kong, Boston has year round non-stop flights to all 3, plus Shanghai coming online very soon.
I know. That's almost it on the East Coast other than NY/Newark. DC has a small number of flights. Boston has gained a very impressive array of Asian flights recently, largely due to the 787. It also is not 'owned' by an Alliance like hubs are.

Thanks for your informative comments.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:50 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,864,809 times
Quote:
We will talk when your city's homers use something other than Coke, CNN and a failed Olympics of 20 years ago to argue global relavance.
You wish it was a failed Olympics.It made money and the city has benefited more than any Superbowl Miami can host.
Nice how you ignore the question,

Old 05-22-2015, 09:53 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,864,809 times
Quote:
No but I've seen Charlotte Douglas offer destinations that far exceed what the local area can support. The same can be said for Atlanta albeit on a larger scale. Look at what's happening to Charlotte now that US Airways merged with American. Charlotte has lost its South American flights, Caribbesn destinations are scaled back, and secondary European Cities are being shifted to other hubs because Charlotte cannot support those destinations without significant feed. It's a similar operation in Atlanta. It's a hub dependent city that couldn't manage to sustain most of those flights on O&D. Thanks for playing.
You lost long before you started backing Miami as anything more than a party town for flashy tacky European trust fund babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or