U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 PM
JJG

12,916 posts, read 18,419,489 times

Advertisements

Look, Gary gave us Micheal Jackson.

...that's really all I can say (positive AND/OR negative) about the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 07:47 PM
JJG

12,916 posts, read 18,419,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Totally agree with your 2nd point/paragraph....yet it's one of the most noted reasons by some as a reason why a place is more desirable than another place (if your place is so desirable why are you constantly obsessing about the nearest city to get away to?)!
When I talk to people about Fort Worth (and I'm pretty sure you know this already) I don't even mention Dallas. Not even Arlington, despite it being in our county.

If you're trying to talk about one city's attractions and what not, it's a disservice to that city to mention things that aren't even in or part of that city.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:50 PM

18,226 posts, read 25,920,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
The thread should have been named Juarez vs Gary!
From what I've heard, Juarez has calmed down significantly since the late 2000s.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:38 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,610,222 times
Great things about El Paso

About El Paso - Destination El Paso | El Paso, Texas

Old 05-16-2015, 06:52 PM

9,046 posts, read 17,322,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
El Paso is super friendly, has steakhouses as good as any in Fort Worth, Tex-Mex meets New Mexican in its food style, if you find the right bar pouring tall margaritas it can be a fun place to hang out for a night as its an easy place to socialize. It's got nice historic bones downtown as well. It's just a city that hasn't reached its potential. It's so far away from the rest of Texas it's easy for those who live several hundreds of miles east of there to forget.

my photo

Old 05-17-2015, 08:44 AM

21 posts, read 47,806 times
Weather debate ends!

8 Places With Always-Perfect Weather*|*Orbitz.com

Old 05-17-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEPAlum View Post

Thanks for link. Just proves what I always tell people when I talk about El Paso. The weather is indeed GREAT!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
El Paso is super friendly, has steakhouses as good as any in Fort Worth, Tex-Mex meets New Mexican in its food style, if you find the right bar pouring tall margaritas it can be a fun place to hang out for a night as its an easy place to socialize. It's got nice historic bones downtown as well. It's just a city that hasn't reached its potential. It's so far away from the rest of Texas it's easy for those who live several hundreds of miles east of there to forget.

my photo
Yes, indeed. Also, another fact is that El Paso is closer to San Diego than to Houston!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:28 PM

341 posts, read 459,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEPAlum View Post
Ugh. You've got to be kidding me. That little writeup is just stupid. The produce used for salsa here surely comes from California, not El Paso. Also, which salsa are they talking about? That Old El Paso stuff is made in Minnesota of all places... Also, Franklin Mountains State Park is just some very small, dry, craggy, dusty mountains covered in scrub brush, cacti, tarantulas and rattlesnakes. I mean, yeah, it is not a bad place to go hiking, but it is not what most people have in mind when they think "a park within the city". It's very misleading.

Last edited by unnativeelpasoan; 05-17-2015 at 05:45 PM..

Old 05-17-2015, 04:34 PM

341 posts, read 459,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirportFan View Post
El Paso is not all really that bad. It just needs a lot of improvement. The problem is, it is such a poor city, they can't really afford to fix it. This is why it looks really bad. Also, because it is the only democratic city in Texas, the state will not fund the city as much. Overall, the city relies on traffic ticket money and people's taxes to survive. For one, all of our roads need improvement. All of I-10 needs to be repaved as well as some other roads. These decaying buildings need to be torn down and something new built. El Paso is getting better, but it is taking a very long time, because it is a very slowly developing city. It will probably take 30-40 more years before El Paso is at the same level as Phoenix. Also, the city needs to hire workers to clean up garbage and clean the litter off the streets. It is not as filthy as New York City, but it comes really close. The air pollution is a problem, but it's not as bad as air pollution in Houston or in Dallas.
True. Very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or