U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather visit?
Las Vegas 89 49.72%
New Orleans 90 50.28%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2015, 08:44 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,167,830 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I wish I could subtract reputation points.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 11:38 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,212,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Sometimes I wish I could subtract reputation points.
...I know the feeling

Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 PM

13,976 posts, read 18,729,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Vegas > New Orleans, and it really isn't that close. Who tf needs charm and character when you're gonna be getting wasted anyway? Isn't that really the whole point for these sorry excuses for "cities"? Models in bikinis > fat girl next doors in beads. Just saying.

P.s. I'm kidding...sort of.
Have you ever been to New Orleans?

Old 08-21-2015, 10:34 PM

3,505 posts, read 2,736,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Have you ever been to New Orleans?
Yes, all the time when I lived in Biloxi. It truly is a one of a kind city with some of the best food on the planet, and great architecture/character. And the same could be said of Vegas, if we're being honest (tacky architecture, but well done tacky). Both cities in my mind are love it or hate it cities and my post was very tongue in cheek. I like both cities very much, actually.

That said, let's not downplay their reputations. We're looking at the two cities in this country most renowned for their debauchery. On that front, I give the nod to Vegas--in addition to having better nightlife/hotter women, I'm far less likely to be shot/mugged while enjoying myself. Superficial, yes, but somebody's got to win lol.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:35 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,285,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitoo View Post
Las Vegas has pretty much every single type of entertainment you could want. New Orleans is live music on a street that is surrounded by swamps, rednecks, and Black crime.

Las Vegas wins easily.
Lmao!!

Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,843,650 times
Quote:
Vegas > New Orleans, and it really isn't that close. Who tf needs charm and character when you're gonna be getting wasted anyway? Isn't that really the whole point for these sorry excuses for "cities"? Models in bikinis > fat girl next doors in beads. Just saying.

A lot of the people go to New Orleans for the history not just the debauchery.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:02 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,119,044 times
New Orleans / Louisiana has everything a tourist could possibly want. Debauchery and quirk can be found way off of Bourbon St. Also, it's probably the only tourist city that doesn't really put on a show for tourists - we do a lot of what we do for ourselves. We love our food, festivals, and parks and you'll find odd bars, events, crawfish and gumbo, and historic sites all over the place, not just in the touristy areas. Also, Cajun country, swamps, and plantation homes are a regional draw as well. Oh, and NOLA is easily one of the most romantic cities in the US. The views, the parks, the smell of magnolias uptown, the oysters, the old world architecture, horse drawn carriages ...

Can you say the same stuff about Vegas that's not on the strip? I guess if you're going out for a night or two to see a show or throw away money, go to Vegas. If you wanna spend some actual time on a vacation, go to New Orleans and put in a little research on what there is to do. I'd totally want to come here for my honeymoon if I didn't live here.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:50 AM

3,505 posts, read 2,736,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
A lot of the people go to New Orleans for the history not just the debauchery.
Way to ignore my follow-up post, OP. The fact that you're posting this today let's me know that you're deliberately ignoring my follow-up, too. Weak...

Old 08-29-2015, 01:05 AM

213 posts, read 177,337 times
Quote:

I'd take a night at Sheridan's in Smyrna over both of them.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:53 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,119,356 times
Just got back from New Orleans: based off of food alone, I'd go with New Orleans. Beignets and crawfish etoufee are two of my new favorite things now.

Bourbon Street definitely has more of a "frat boy" feel to it than the Las Vegas Strip, but part of NOLA's charm really is the laid back nature of the city. Vegas does not feel that way at all.

I'd definitely prefer NOLA now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or