Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather visit?
Las Vegas 110 50.23%
New Orleans 109 49.77%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 02:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
New Orleans. I've visited so many times and it's fun. There's so much to do. The bars, the nightlife, the FOOD. Let me say this, the food is so amazing. New Orleans is a very unique city, no place like it. It's a fun place to visit. Make sure you stay at least a couple days because there's plenty to do.

Las Vegas, I mean it's ok, but I'm not a gambler so it's not really "fun" to me as it is for a person who likes to gamble. I just didn't really like Vegas when I went.
Just about 1/3 of LV strip revenue is from gambling. The rest is from food, lodging and entertainment. If you are not aware of it LV is one of the few great food cities in the US. There are numerous activities other than gaming.

LV has 3 five star restaurants and 19 four star. New Orleans has 3 four star restaurants. (Forbes). Really not much of a competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 02:06 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,007 times
Las Vegas... Adult Disneyland. Just Bring A lot of money. New Orleans has better overall culture and cuisine and I would take Mardi Gras (the whole month) over everything. LV has way better clubs while NO has better bars. Both are pretty damn cheap to drink. LV Buffets are the best in the USA. LV has better looking women overall, and more entertainment options.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:57 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Just about 1/3 of LV strip revenue is from gambling. The rest is from food, lodging and entertainment. If you are not aware of it LV is one of the few great food cities in the US. There are numerous activities other than gaming.

LV has 3 five star restaurants and 19 four star. New Orleans has 3 four star restaurants. (Forbes). Really not much of a competition.
Yet I'll still take NOLA for dining every single time. So would most on here. Even the crappy-looking spots around town are often spendid - you can't say that about Vegas.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:14 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:

Must've never been to New Orleans lol.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Must've never been to New Orleans lol.
Some don't read well. Enjoyed Mardi Gras in NOLA. 58 years ago. Has it gotten better?

Do you really beiieve the food is competitve with good US?

Well there does need to be a place for rednecks to vacation i guess. .

Old 09-23-2015, 09:58 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Some don't read well. Enjoyed Mardi Gras in NOLA. 58 years ago. Has it gotten better?

58 years ago? That explains it.

Old and stubborn.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,577 times
Quote:

I truly couldn't care less about the current topic within this discussion, but you asking if New Orleans has changed since 1957 literally made me laugh so hard I'm in tears!

"duh, I was there like 60 years ago"..."oh is it different now?"

LMAO...nah, not a chance.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
I truly couldn't care less about the current topic within this discussion, but you asking if New Orleans has changed since 1957 literally made me laugh so hard I'm in tears!

"duh, I was there like 60 years ago"..."oh is it different now?"

LMAO...nah, not a chance.
Actually I was pointing out that I was there many years ago and recently though before Katrina. It had not changed. Which is both very bad and good in a few odd ways.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,512 times
Quote:
Wow, you're old. Do you know that the average age on these threads is people born in the 90s? I mean I was born in the early 80s and I feel old on here.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:48 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,470,377 times
I just came back from New Orleans this summer. Man...that is one of the most special cities on Earth. The thing about New Orleans is that you can party your ass off there but you can also experience a very cosmopolitan and classy city at the same time. The city is full of live music that touch deep in historical america roots, it's on the foot of the Mississippi which is the most powerful river in the USA and the buildings are just stunning. There are many art galleries and the food is world class. Vegas is just for partying and gambling and that gets old really fast. In my opinion this shouldn't even be a contest, New Orleans truly stole my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City