U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Where would you rather visit?
Las Vegas 89 49.72%
New Orleans 90 50.28%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 06-11-2015, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,639 posts, read 24,864,856 times
Reputation: 11205

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
See, all of this also sounds terrible to me! Like, the worst thing ever. I also don't care about gambling one bit. There is very little in Vegas that's appealing to me.
LOL. That's what a lot of people say. "What kind of idiot pays a $1,000 for overpriced drinks???" All I can say is that it's one thing to see 9s and 10s on TV. It's another thing to see about 100 of them standing in line at the club you're going to. It is literally a hot chick buffet of every race, creed, color and nationality. And you only live once, man. F it. Just pay the damn money and let a sexy Russian chick sit on one knee and some racially ambiguous girl sit on the other. Every man deserves to know what it's like to live like a superstar, even if it's only for a night.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-11-2015 at 12:15 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,173,166 times
Reputation: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Every man deserves to know what it's like to live like a superstar, even if it's only for a night.
I suppose - I get why you like it I guess!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,639 posts, read 24,864,856 times
Reputation: 11205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Seems like extreme desperation to fly across the country and spend $3,000 a head for "women."
It's not desperation. Desperation is settling down with a chunky girl and assuming a monster mortgage on a house out in suburbia.

Sure, you can do better things with the money. But if you've got some cash to spend, and you're young, then why not get a small taste of what it's like to be Lebron James? Women respond to status and the highest status in this particular context is having a table. Keep in mind that these chicks are coming from everywhere and are DTF.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 12:16 PM
 
Location: LoS ScAnDaLoUs KiLLa CaLI
1,227 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Reputation: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Seems like extreme desperation to fly across the country and spend $3,000 a head for "women."
Yeah man, Tinder isn't that hard to download. Just keep swiping right. You'll eventually get SOMETHING

I honestly like the day clubs (pool parties, etc.) more than the night ones because my body just wants to shut down after 8 PM nowadays. Sad, I know.

Once you go to Vegas enough and start to get to know some of the locals (promoters, etc.), you could actually do Vegas on the cheap relatively easily. I'm going to Vegas this weekend and meeting up with some of my SoCal friends who live out there now, and I'm probably going to spend no more than $100 total (including gas to get there).

Should be fun.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 12:50 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
15,695 posts, read 18,265,091 times
Reputation: 11223
Vegas is possibly the most ideal place to sow your wild oats. But you don't have to go all the way there just for that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,639 posts, read 24,864,856 times
Reputation: 11205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Vegas is possibly the most ideal place to sow your wild oats. But you don't have to go all the way there just for that.
You don't have to go to Vegas to do that. But since the the thread is about Vegas and New Orleans, we're talking about what Vegas has to offer.

For the record, I say what I say out of the goodness of my heart. Women are beautiful creatures that increase overall gross domestic happiness. When I give someone advice, and they come back with photos and stories of the beautiful women they've indulged in Vegas, it literally brings tears to my eyes. I feel like I've done a little good in my small corner of the world.

What Vegas has over most places is probably the greatest diversity of hot chicks I've ever seen. And I mean hot chicks in the same room who are accessible to you. You don't really need any game with bottle service. The hot chicks want to be "chosen" so they line up in front of your table. All you need to be able to do is point and say "come here." For some reason, this completely blows the minds of a lot of guys who simply can't believe a beautiful would be enticed by a bottle sitting on a table. I'm not sure why a beautiful woman would be enticed by the captain of the Varsity either, but hey, I didn't program their genetic coding. Blame Mother Nature for that.

And it's not just skanky barchicks. Most are just regular chicks in grad school or with corporate jobs who need to get away from it all. Some go looking for the hookup. They've already made up their mind that they're boffing someone. Why shouldn't that someone be you?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,639 posts, read 24,864,856 times
Reputation: 11205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Once you go to Vegas enough and start to get to know some of the locals (promoters, etc.), you could actually do Vegas on the cheap relatively easily. I'm going to Vegas this weekend and meeting up with some of my SoCal friends who live out there now, and I'm probably going to spend no more than $100 total (including gas to get there).
I'm sure you can do Vegas on the cheap if you have a couch to crash on. You can also do Europe on the cheap if your dad is a commercial pilot and you have couches to crash on. Most people aren't that lucky, though.

The big clubs 99% of the hot chicks are going to--Tao, Omnia, XS, Surrender, Marquee, Hakkasan, Haze, Drais, and LAX--are all going to charge a high cover. And since most people aren't connected to a promoter, they will have to pay these covers. Being friends with a promoter won't even guarantee you entry into a lot of Manhattan nightclubs little less the Vegas ones. And it sure won't guarantee you a discounted table or booth, which is really what you want. I personally don't like being wedged into a crowd of muscl-y men that smell like Axe body spray, but that's just me.

You could always fly out to Vegas and hit up their dives. But that's like going to Miami and not going to the beach. What's the point?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
 
Location: LoS ScAnDaLoUs KiLLa CaLI
1,227 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Reputation: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm sure you can do Vegas on the cheap if you have a couch to crash on. You can also do Europe on the cheap if your dad is a commercial pilot and you have couches to crash on. Most people aren't that lucky, though.

The big clubs 99% of the hot chicks are going to--Tao, Omnia, XS, Surrender, Marquee, Hakkasan, Haze, Drais, and LAX--are all going to charge a high cover. And since most people aren't connected to a promoter, they will have to pay these covers. Being friends with a promoter won't even guarantee you entry into a lot of Manhattan nightclubs little less the Vegas ones. And it sure won't guarantee you a discounted table or booth, which is really what you want. I personally don't like being wedged into a crowd of muscl-y men that smell like Axe body spray, but that's just me.

You could always fly out to Vegas and hit up their dives. But that's like going to Miami and not going to the beach. What's the point?
Given that I live 4 hours away and go to Vegas pretty frequently, I'm just stating my own personal circumstances.

But if you want to be a baller, go ahead. It's your money.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,639 posts, read 24,864,856 times
Reputation: 11205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
But if you want to be a baller, go ahead. It's your money.
I will say that it's worth it to go in with some friends and get a penthouse suite if you can afford it. You can sometimes get upgraded during the late week (Wed, Thurs). We had one on a fight night for a bachelor party. It was bananas.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejYGEGCg1Y
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2015, 01:51 PM
 
Location: LoS ScAnDaLoUs KiLLa CaLI
1,227 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Reputation: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I will say that it's worth it to go in with some friends and get a penthouse suite if you can afford it. You can sometimes get upgraded during the late week (Wed, Thurs). We had one on a fight night for a bachelor party. It was bananas.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejYGEGCg1Y
NOW that's a trip. I can definitely co-sign behind that.

I would do that this time around, but not enough people wanted to because it's just one of those "hey, let's go because we can" trips. I think I'm having one of those "let's go all out" trips soon, but this weekend isn't one of them.

Sometimes, it is worth spending the extra money if you really want to go all-out for whatever reason. For right now, I don't have much of a reason other than I just want to not be here.

If you're flying to Vegas from a different part of the country, definitely go all-out. It would be a shame if you didn't
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top