U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city to live in?
Las Vegas 57 41.01%
Miami 82 58.99%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2015, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Miami Beach, FL/Tokyo, Japan
1,699 posts, read 1,479,810 times
Reputation: 699

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Just got back from Miami, I do prefer the beach but like Vegas for its thing

Both have sort of the pool/party scene and with their own nuances

If I had choose one to live it would be Miami for me (though neither would be among the tops for places to live for me with Vegas being much further down)

To party in, probably Vegas though Miami is no slouch

To Vacation in (non partying sense) it would Miami for me. I like Mountains but like the beach more for me
What did you do in Miami? Miami has a great "Yacht party scene" accessible to those without connections and/or a yacht.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2015, 01:40 PM
 
Location: worldwide
696 posts, read 820,131 times
Reputation: 464
I guess it all boils down to Scarface vs Casino, Desert Southwest Vs Tropical South FL, Mountains Vs Everglades, America Vs. Latin America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2015, 01:42 PM
 
Location: The City
21,945 posts, read 30,803,938 times
Reputation: 7489
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
What did you do in Miami? Miami has a great "Yacht party scene" accessible to those without connections and/or a yacht.
was buying a yacht
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 05:21 PM
 
5,619 posts, read 13,301,589 times
Reputation: 2880
Back from LV. That city is seriously so ugly. Everything is so brown and depressing looking. The Strip looks nice at night but that's it. It was too hot to even it at the pool. Unless you were actually in the pool it was inhumanely hot. I sat down for a few minutes to eat at the pool and every few minutes I had to go back in the pool to cool off enough. It was still 98 at night while at XS and everyone was just sitting there for a while because it was too hot to move.

I haven't actually done the nightlife in Miami so I won't comment too much, but I doubt it can be as sexist as LV nightlife.

But seriously the brown and beige of sand and dirt everywhere is so unappealing. And stucco tract homes EVERYWHERE! I couldn't wait to get back to West LA where the houses are unique and things are colorful and you can step outside without suffocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 06:02 PM
 
Location: worldwide
696 posts, read 820,131 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Back from LV. That city is seriously so ugly. Everything is so brown and depressing looking. The Strip looks nice at night but that's it. It was too hot to even it at the pool. Unless you were actually in the pool it was inhumanely hot. I sat down for a few minutes to eat at the pool and every few minutes I had to go back in the pool to cool off enough. It was still 98 at night while at XS and everyone was just sitting there for a while because it was too hot to move.

I haven't actually done the nightlife in Miami so I won't comment too much, but I doubt it can be as sexist as LV nightlife.

But seriously the brown and beige of sand and dirt everywhere is so unappealing. And stucco tract homes EVERYWHERE! I couldn't wait to get back to West LA where the houses are unique and things are colorful and you can step outside without suffocating.
Why are you visiting Vegas if you hate it so much dummy

I very much doubt you even went to Vegas, you just needed a reason to hate.

Chances are you probably don't even live in Los Angeles I wouldn't be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,316 posts, read 1,264,689 times
Reputation: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Why are you visiting Vegas if you hate it so much dummy

I very much doubt you even went to Vegas, you just needed a reason to hate.

Chances are you probably don't even live in Los Angeles I wouldn't be surprised.
His description is on point to me. I have been there MANY times and the only reason I go back is because my girlfriend gets comped at the restaurants and lodging (usually at the D or The Wynn) and her son works for Southwest so I get buddy passes. The only thing I have to pay for is the occasional slot and drinks.

Otherwise I wouldn't be back either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM
 
Location: worldwide
696 posts, read 820,131 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
His description is on point to me. I have been there MANY times and the only reason I go back is because my girlfriend gets comped at the restaurants and lodging (usually at the D or The Wynn) and her son works for Southwest so I get buddy passes. The only thing I have to pay for is the occasional slot and drinks.

Otherwise I wouldn't be back either.
Ok and I couldn't care less about the bay area where you're from or St.Louis where he's from, what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,316 posts, read 1,264,689 times
Reputation: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Ok and I couldn't care less about the bay area where you're from or St.Louis where he's from, what's your point?
The point is his description of Las Vegas is correct. Furthermore I don't need to explain to you why I agree.

Get lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 AM
 
99 posts, read 120,302 times
Reputation: 65
Miami. Vega is fun until you get off the strip, then reality sinks in. Las Vegas turns into a normal city after the strip. Miami is better all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
5,602 posts, read 3,466,955 times
Reputation: 7803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Back from LV. That city is seriously so ugly. Everything is so brown and depressing looking. The Strip looks nice at night but that's it. It was too hot to even it at the pool. Unless you were actually in the pool it was inhumanely hot. I sat down for a few minutes to eat at the pool and every few minutes I had to go back in the pool to cool off enough. It was still 98 at night while at XS and everyone was just sitting there for a while because it was too hot to move.

I haven't actually done the nightlife in Miami so I won't comment too much, but I doubt it can be as sexist as LV nightlife.

But seriously the brown and beige of sand and dirt everywhere is so unappealing. And stucco tract homes EVERYWHERE! I couldn't wait to get back to West LA where the houses are unique and things are colorful and you can step outside without suffocating.
You mean that dry area thats sprinkled and watered to make it lush and green, meanwhile wasting your precious little water? In a decade or so LA will look like LV due to water restrictions and flat out water bans. Enjoy your little greenery while you can. Soon CA will all be brown like Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top