U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:07 AM

704 posts, read 658,628 times

Advertisements

I know, We moved to Charlotte the first time in 2007, they were still working on it then. We moved in and out of charlotte 3 times and just left there in Jan. and they still were working on it. That's some efficient Contractor Work there. What a joke. Probably is nice now that its done. Now everyone doesn't have to take the same single lane road home every night. Traffic was getting really bad there on the north end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 07:04 AM

371 posts, read 387,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
They finally finished 485?!! They were working on that road when I moved in 1999!
It's a miracle. I drove it the other day and was just utterly confused that it existed. I'm not one to get excited about highway construction, but I'm glad we can stop complaining about it's construction and focus more on it's awful traffic now. Hooray!

Old 06-12-2015, 07:05 AM

371 posts, read 387,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
I know, We moved to Charlotte the first time in 2007, they were still working on it then. We moved in and out of charlotte 3 times and just left there in Jan. and they still were working on it. That's some efficient Contractor Work there. What a joke. Probably is nice now that its done. Now everyone doesn't have to take the same single lane road home every night. Traffic was getting really bad there on the north end.
Eastfield road was the devil's work prior to 485 opening. I don't know how anyone could sit in that everyday.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:49 AM

704 posts, read 658,628 times
This guy right Here! Unfortunately it was one of the only two ways to get to Huntersville everyday. It was that or backtrack like crazy. They have a bunch of new neighborhoods going all along Poplar Tent now up toward the renaissance festival so imagine the line of people trying to get to 77, yes its way worse than you are picturing right now. We finally had enough. It was actually taking longer to get home at night than it doe up here in DC. Until they widen 73, widen Poplar Tent, widen Eastfield, that whole area is a mess. Oh and if you ever get in the area again, be sure to drive poplar tent just so you can see the goofy f'd up intersections they put in. They now do not allow left turns (even though its nascar country) the intersections force you to go straight and then they installed uturn stop lights about 1/4 mile past each intersection to go back. I know, no words need to bee said, just like the criss-cross on/off ramp intersections. Too much to explain. I always joke with my wife that I swear the project development board that thinks up this stuff just sits around drinking and figuring out ways to waste money while messing with people. Good Riddance Charlotte. Plenty of wonderful people there, but the city is a mess .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City