U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Southern Tiger!Southern(Southeast) metro's with most visible presence
Miami 10 17.86%
Atlanta 29 51.79%
Nashville 2 3.57%
Orlando 3 5.36%
Charlotte 5 8.93%
Jacksonville 1 1.79%
New Orleans 1 1.79%
Memphis 0 0%
Raleigh Durham 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2015, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,292 posts, read 11,688,001 times
Reputation: 4749

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
We have another smart guy here who doesn't see the "metro". And are you telling me you actually were in Charlotte? Miami metropolitan area (Port St Lucie - Miami) has something like 160,000 asians. The entire North Carolina has 250,000 asians.
Haven't been to Charlotte but i have been to Miami.
3 straight days in South Beach without going to bed and maybe saw 8 or 9 Asians (Mainly Indians).

Last edited by JMT; 06-26-2015 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2015, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Miami Beach, FL/Tokyo, Japan
1,699 posts, read 1,479,810 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Haven't been to Charlotte but i have been to Miami.
3 straight days in South Beach without going to bed and maybe saw 8 or 9 Asians (Mainly Indians).
Miami Beach is 2% Asian, Miami is 1% Asian, Miami-Dade is 1.5% Asian, but Miami Metropolitan area is 2.3% Asian. There are asian communities not inside South Beach or Miami, however small. Broward county is almost 4% asian and there are almost 2 million people there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Atlanta metro (Cobb County)
1,187 posts, read 542,646 times
Reputation: 1121
Metro Atlanta is definitely the Southeast's leader, but there are other growing Asian communities throughout the region.

Morrisville, NC - west of Raleigh by Research Triangle Park - was 27% Asian out of about 19,000 people in the 2010 census. This even exceeded the 22% in Duluth, GA and 23% in Johns Creek, GA, both in northeast metro Atlanta. East of Morrisville, the much larger suburb of Cary, NC was 13% Asian out of 135,000 population. I'd expect all four locations to have increased their proportion further since 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Status: "Ready for Fall" (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Atlanta
4,644 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Reputation: 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
The rest of the south I don't know about, care about, or it just won't have that many asians period.
This is SO telling in regards to almost all of your posts here, so a big thank you for finally admitting it.

The only thing you left out was: "and total ignorance of."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,858,620 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I agree, but I think the OP designed the poll in a way that ATL would win. I also tend to view Washington DC as a 'southern' city (I know this is a unpopular view on city data), so with that being said:

1)Washington DC (metro)
2)Houston (metro)
3)DFW metroplex
4)ATL metro
5)Orlando CSA
6)Austin CSA
7)Raleigh-Resarch Triangle
8)Miami metro
9)Charlotte CSA
10)Tampa Bay area

The rest of the south I don't know about, care about, or it just won't have that many asians period.
So you dont know,care about but you are qualified to make a coment?

You called me limited.I have had the forturne of traveling all around the world and the U.S.
Whether I am in a small town or big city,I welcome the chance to learn as much as I can about the world and its citizens.
I dont discriminate by money race,gender or social status.The world is my classroom and I am learning that people who close there mind to all the world have to offer are dangerous to the world becoming a place where we welcome each other as equals.

On this forum I routinely encounter people who are so ignorant and biased,that they really believe nothing can be learned or interesting from certain areas.
Particularly the South.

Usually its always people from New York,Miami,West Coast cities that have this superior idea.Everybody has a preference but to declare things you never even seen as irrelevant,not worth seeing or exploring is just plain old IGNORANCE.No other word to call it but what it is.
I think we found the president and CEO of that club.

Last edited by JMT; 06-08-2015 at 08:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Status: "Ready for Fall" (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Atlanta
4,644 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Reputation: 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
So you dont know,care about but you are qualified to make a coment?

You called me limited.I have had the forturne of traveling all around the world and the U.S.
Whether I am in a small town or big city,I welcome the chance to learn as much as I can about the world and its citizens.
I dont discriminate by money race,gender or social status.The world is my classroom and I am learning that people who close there mind to all the world have to offer are dangerous to the world becoming a place where we welcome each other as equals.

On this forum I routinely encounter people who are so ignorant and biased,that they really believe nothing can be learned or interesting from certain areas.
Particularly the South.

Usually its always people from New York,Miami,West Coast cities that have this superior idea.Everybody has a preference but to declare things you never even seen as irrelevant,not worth seeing or exploring is just plain old IGNORANCE.No other word to call it but what it is.
I think we found the president and CEO of that club.
Tell it!

What's really sad is that they are PROUD of their ignorance, but at the same time profess to be experts on the subject of cities they hate and are clearly biased against. It's an alternative Universe that only exists here.

Last edited by JMT; 06-08-2015 at 08:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,858,620 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Miami Beach is 2% Asian, Miami is 1% Asian, Miami-Dade is 1.5% Asian, but Miami Metropolitan area is 2.3% Asian. There are asian communities not inside South Beach or Miami, however small. Broward county is almost 4% asian and there are almost 2 million people there.
Wow Miami is the only one without a single vote.I guess thats my fault too,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Seattle aka tier 3 city :)
1,078 posts, read 894,310 times
Reputation: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I agree, but I think the OP designed the poll in a way that ATL would win. I also tend to view Washington DC as a 'southern' city (I know this is a unpopular view on city data), so with that being said:

1)Washington DC (metro)
2)Houston (metro)
3)DFW metroplex
4)ATL metro
5)Orlando CSA
6)Austin CSA
7)Raleigh-Resarch Triangle
8)Miami metro
9)Charlotte CSA
10)Tampa Bay area

The rest of the south I don't know about, care about, or it just won't have that many asians period.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Miami-Jax
5,787 posts, read 6,339,183 times
Reputation: 3118
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Wow Miami is the only one without a single vote.I guess thats my fault too,
Jax got one vote! It wasn't me lol, I voted ATL obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Haven't been to Charlotte but i have been to Miami.
3 straight days in South Beach without going to bed and maybe saw 8 or 9 Asians (Mainly Indians).
When I'm there I usually see more than that. But at least 8 or 9 of them are with me lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,858,620 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Agreed
Let me explain something.When I vereated the poll it was in response to another thread where SDMIami insisted that Atlanta and Miami are bout equal as far as visible Asians and communities because over all there is only a 2-4% difference in the overall metro.

I added the other cityies simply as filler just because I wanted to se if enough people would vote for Miami.
I did not "lead" or coerce anybody to vote a certain way..

I find it funny how after several pages and votes for eves city EXCEPT Miami,it finally gets A vote only after I mention it had none.

Now if people know Miami and Atlanta are similar sized cities then why did Atlanta get 17 and Miami get one vote?How did manipulate that?
What other city would you have added in A poll about the SOUTHEAST since you know my intent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top