U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite ones?
Madison, Wisconsin 8 20.51%
Santa Barbara, California 13 33.33%
Monterrey, California 5 12.82%
San Luis Obispo, California 7 17.95%
Santa Fe, New Mexico 6 15.38%
Charleston, South Carolina 12 30.77%
Savannah, Georgia 8 20.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:55 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,213,164 times

Advertisements

I'm fond of SLO. Its easily one of my favorites cities in Cali...small, quaint, and picturesque beyond words without the ostentation you find in some larger CA cities.

We don't go there for historic or cultural depth. We go there for perfect weather, gorgeous terrain, and pristine coastline in a small-city atmosphere. After all, it is the "Happiest City in America".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 08:58 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,119,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I can only speak of what I know, and that excludes the Ca cities. Madison is an extremely liberal town, to the point of almost being a SJW joke. It is, however, nicely located in south central Wisconsin on Lake Mendota with access to a couple of other smaller lakes. There is a nice peninsula called picnic point right at the University, and State Street is definitely something to see, as there is no traffic allowed and the shops cater to the college crowd. Historically and aesthetically I could not put it in the same category as Savannah or Charleston.
It sounds way nicer than where I went to college. I kind of wish I went to a school that was in a real college town, instead of constantly being in large metros.

I think its probably a bit more appealing to someone who's still kind of young than an adult who's looking for more. Unless I'm wrong, of course.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:00 PM

2,658 posts, read 3,204,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
It sounds way nicer than where I went to college. I kind of wish I went to a school that was in a real college town, instead of constantly being in large metros.

I think its probably a bit more appealing to someone who's still kind of young than an adult who's looking for more. Unless I'm wrong, of course.
You are not wrong.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 PM

11,831 posts, read 9,847,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I've looked into both Charleston and Savannah before, they look spectacular, definitely don't make cities like those anymore in the South - which makes them worthwhile seeing.

I voted only for the ones I have been to so far but have no reservations to seeing Charleston or Savannah, both look great and I will get around to it eventually.

Savannah comes across as a city that probably has great pizza. Thoughts on that?
I LOVE Savannah but....no. Pizza did not seem to be it's strongpoint-maybe there is a notable place or two though?

Old 06-09-2015, 11:07 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,875,689 times
Santa Barbara. But San Luis Obispo comes close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or