Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 05:32 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,560,693 times

Advertisements

I would go with Toronto. It's a lovely city, much better than Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,255,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
People here acting like everyone here has a gun attached to their waist. Give me a break. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone with a gun attached to their waist here in Atlanta. It's very rare. You'll see that more in the exurbs 25-30 miles away from the city center, but not in Atlanta itself.
Never been to Atlanta, but I know it's southern. In Louisville, everyone has a gun. If that became a law there, I would never step foot in a bar again.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,976,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
People here acting like everyone here has a gun attached to their waist. Give me a break. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone with a gun attached to their waist here in Atlanta. It's very rare. You'll see that more in the exurbs 25-30 miles away from the city center, but not in Atlanta itself.
I was getting ready to say the same thing...I have never seen a gun in public anywhere in Atlanta except on the hip of a police officer. It may be legal, but it isn't common at all.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Never been to Atlanta, but I know it's southern. In Louisville, everyone has a gun. If that became a law there, I would never step foot in a bar again.
Atlanta is southern, but not in the traditional sense. It's more modern southern, like 2015 southern. It's a diverse city full of transplants...you get all kinds here.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,609,127 times
Let's be very clear about the "guns everywhere" law. If you are a private business, you can still refuse to serve anyone carrying a firearm. It only applies to public buildings. Immediately after the law was passed, many bars, restaurants, and other businesses around Atlanta posted signs informing customers guns were not welcome in their establishments. And I've never seen anyone in the city of Atlanta carrying a firearm in the manner in which the law allows. It may be exercised more liberally in other parts of the state, but it's basically a non-issue in Atlanta.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Let's be very clear about the "guns everywhere" law. If you are a private business, you can still refuse to serve anyone carrying a firearm. It only applies to public buildings. Immediately after the law was passed, many bars, restaurants, and other businesses around Atlanta posted signs informing customers guns were not welcome in their establishments. And I've never seen anyone in the city of Atlanta carrying a firearm in the manner in which the law allows. It may be exercised more liberally in other parts of the state, but it's basically a non-issue in Atlanta.
Some people make way too much over this.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,723,347 times
Atlanta - November 15 to April 15...

Toronto - April 16 to November 14...

In the winter i'll take my chances with guns to get away from the damned cold

Old 06-12-2015, 09:26 AM

18 posts, read 34,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
I'd also move to Toronto in a heartbeat if I could. It's a great city. One thing that I find depressing about living in Georgia is the "guns everywhere" law (as its nicknamed). Basically, licensed gun owners are allowed to bring guns to most public places - including bars, restaurants, churches and non-secure areas of airports. Brilliant! This does not make me feel safer.

If a person has a well-paying job lined up, I think Toronto is the much better city. Also, if the OP is concerned about health care costs, Canada has national health care, so that's another plus.

You are right the gun laws are crazy here in the state of Georgia. Toronto is a safe city with very little crime I agree. You do get some bang for your buck down here on housing I must say.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 AM

18 posts, read 34,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Atlanta - November 15 to April 15...

Toronto - April 16 to November 14...

In the winter i'll take my chances with guns to get away from the damned cold

You know what. If I could I think living in both places would be great. I don't mind the winter it just last to long. In Georgia the summers are way too hot for me. Ontario has a lot of nice lakes to fish and swim in. Most of them are clean and clear as well.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:15 PM

987 posts, read 1,304,379 times
Have you ever been to Toronto in the summer? Toronto can be oppressively hot and muggy to boot. I'm not saying it's hotter than Atlanta but no one goes to Ontario in the summer to escape the heat back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City