Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 11:03 AM

110 posts, read 116,402 times

Advertisements

I would never assume that a majority of people would prefer to live in a cold place vs a warmer one. Growth patterns in this country seem to indicate strongly what people prefer.

People want to vacation in Charleston, who vacations in Chicago? Everybody loves the beach too.

There is something ironic about somebody with screenname Deluusions stating that I am delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 11:06 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
I would never assume that a majority of people would prefer to live in a cold place vs a warmer one. Growth patterns in this country seem to indicate strongly what people prefer.
Growth patters have from the northeast have to do with the cost of living Sherlock. Not the weather...... Jesus.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:

People want to vacation in Charleston, who vacations in Chicago?

There is something ironic about somebody with screenname Deluusions stating that I am delusional.
Oh my god there's not hope for you. The funniest poster I have met on CD so far. Chicago gets triple the visitors Charleston gets?! Are you nuts? Yep you're very delusional.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Growth patters have from the northeast have to do with the cost of living Sherlock. Not the weather...... Jesus.
People are attracted to moving down here because it is a warmer climate. And I've already cited cost of living as a plus for Charleston, and property taxes are no doubt much lower.

Why do you get upset if somebody states their preference for Charleston on a Charleston vs Chicago topic? Doesn't make any sense. Why even look at the topic if you cannot handle some disagreement?

The only argument that I've seen for Chicago is that it has more people. From my standpoint, more people means more problems, like traffic.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
People are attracted to moving down here because it is a warmer climate.

Why do you get upset if somebody states their preference for Charleston on a Charleston vs Chicago topic? Doesn't make any sense.
The States People Are Fleeing In 2013 - Forbes

Like I said delusional. The weather is not the main factor, it's because the northeast is VERY expensive and has a high cost of living while the south is dirt cheap compared to places such as New Jersey which is losing a lot of its residents. Also places in the south have a growing economy such as Raleigh which is also cheap while providing many jobs in certain fields. Yet again you're very delusional and clearly misinformed.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:12 AM

Ok

I'm just surprised that some of you think it is impossible that young people would prefer to live in a warmer climate in a historic city near the beach, than Chicago.

Or that Charleston is old , when it is crawling with young people, the 3rd largest public university in the state is right downtown, plus a huge medical university. Plus all the military installations bring in a lot of young people, along with young people deciding to move there because they want to be near the beach and workin gin retail/service jobs.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
People are attracted to moving down here because it is a warmer climate. And I've already cited cost of living as a plus for Charleston, and property taxes are no doubt much lower.

Why do you get upset if somebody states their preference for Charleston on a Charleston vs Chicago topic? Doesn't make any sense. Why even look at the topic if you cannot handle some disagreement?

The only argument that I've seen for Chicago is that it has more people. From my standpoint, more people means more problems, like traffic.
I'm not upset lol. It's just when you're being proved wrong you still like argue you are right. Such as the youth leaning more towards being conservative. When even conservatives admit that they are losing a connection from the youth themselves. It's like someone saying fries aren't made from potatoes when they clearly are and you've already showed them but they keep saying no fries aren't from potatoes. Like it's common sense and clearly has been proven by statisitcs and data. I've already showed you a link of youth not being influenced by the GOP.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:16 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,085,425 times
Quote:
Ok

I'm just surprised that some of you think it is impossible that young people would prefer to live in a warmer climate in a historic city near the beach, than Chicago.
I'm just as surprised that you think people hate the cold so much as to choose Charleston over Chicago on that aspect alone...

I'm 29 (young)

Old 06-20-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Ok

Most young people that want warm climate move to LA or Miami. They don't care about historic towns either, I'm in my 20s I would know? I live in Northern Virginia.... None of the young people here care they live right next to George Washington home. We want nightlife, good food and vibrant culture which big cities like Chicago offer. Charleston is great place to retire though

Old 06-20-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
I'm just as surprised that you think people hate the cold so much as to choose Charleston over Chicago on that aspect alone...
It is one aspect, the beach being another. I've named several reasons why.

I don't know anybody in the south who finds a cold place like Chicago appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City