Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:00 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,152,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
These are from the airport. Depending on where you are in the city of Chicago, temperatures could be different. The lakefront is always a few degrees colder than even a mile or two west of it and the Loop even inland is always a few degrees colder than even north of the river.

September is not fall until the end of the month. The tempratures in an average september are still in the upper 70s/low 80s for a good chunk of the month. The historical average for every day except September 30th is at least 70 degrees:
Chicago Month Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for IL 60608

Tampa is definitely hotter on average though - no question about it.
For me anything in the 70s is "fall" weather but that's a different story. When I lived in your part of the world, September was always considered Fall and Labor Day the last day/weekend of Summer.

Tampa is hotter, but by about 5 degrees, let's not exaggerate differences. Stepping off the plane from Chicago to Tampa will be very comparable to the average person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 02:14 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
For me anything in the 70s is "fall" weather but that's a different story. When I lived in your part of the world, September was always considered Fall and Labor Day the last day/weekend of Summer.

Tampa is hotter, but by about 5 degrees, let's not exaggerate differences. Stepping off the plane from Chicago to Tampa will be very comparable to the average person.
No it won't period. The END. There is a reason why you're completely on your own here.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
No it won't period. The END. There is a reason why you're completely on your own here.
Yeah it will. 5 degrees F and 5 points of RH higher is comparable. It's the same ballpark.

Again I know better than you since I live/lived in both climates.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:50 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,280,624 times
Quote:
The temperature difference is 5 degrees. Is that significant? The humidity varies about 5-8% higher in Tampa.

You have some weird obsession with Chicago, but don't go crazy over this.
I think it is YOU Who needs a MIRROR CHECK and SEE SOMEONE OBSESSED WITH A CITY. Don't get this thread closed too ACCUSING ALL WHO DISAGREE... Miami is not in this thread either TO GO FOR SOMEONES JUGULAR for their opinions on weather. . Besides... who would argue a Northern American City. Has as much or too close to say one is defiantly hotter and MORE HUMID on average? Then a Florida city?..... Might be ONLY YOU....
FLORIDA WINS THE HUMIDITY INDEX. OR AT LEAST ALL THE GULF COAST.

Last edited by steeps; 07-08-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-08-2015, 07:12 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,923,775 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago#Climate

Tampa is warmer on average than Chicago during summer, with highs of around 90F during the warmest month vs highs of 84F for Chicago on warmest month. However, Chicago can get hotter than Tampa ever can; Tampa's record high is only 99F, while Chicago, even at its coolest station, O'Hare, has a record high of 105F. Although Tampa is consistently hotter, and more humid, it is much less of a risk of severe heat waves than in Chicago.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:06 AM

591 posts, read 781,940 times
Quote:
For me anything in the 70s is "fall" weather
hell this year up here that is summer!!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:07 AM

Tampa this week: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USFL0481:1:US

Chicago this week: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+IL+60605:4:US

Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Unusually cold week for Chicago, I guess it sucks for you guys because this is your small window for summer.

I felt that this weather had to be abnormal, so I hopped onto the Illinois forum and found this thread:

Coldest June in many years?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:08 PM

I hate hot weather - best summer ever!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...d.html?cid=rss

Old 07-11-2015, 09:09 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
I was in Chicago for a week last month (June) and had to buy a light jacket while I was there. For the first few days of the trip, the weather was chilly (high in 50s), dreary and drizzly. I dare say that you cannot find an example of a June day in Tampa like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City