Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 01:58 PM

103 posts, read 168,681 times

Advertisements

Which city has a brighter future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 02:14 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Phoenix, IMO. While both cities are growing, Denver has already hit its peak. That's not to take anything from Denver, but Phoenix has a lot more going for it growth-wise. I'd prefer to live in Denver, though.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:24 PM

603 posts, read 931,418 times
I vote Denver. It has a better, more diverse business base and a better water supply.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:52 PM

755 posts, read 675,301 times
I really don't know. I live in Phoenix and love it, so I will say Phoenix; although both are exceptional cities..I have been to Denver a few times, very small and isolated, I don't like that.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:55 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Phoenix, IMO. While both cities are growing, Denver has already hit its peak. That's not to take anything from Denver, but Phoenix has a lot more going for it growth-wise. I'd prefer to live in Denver, though.
How has Denver hit it's peak? Maybe the prices might slow down growth a bit, but the area still has more than enough room to grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
I really don't know. I live in Phoenix and love it, so I will say Phoenix; although both are exceptional cities..I have been to Denver a few times, very small and isolated, I don't like that.
Phoenix isn't much closer to anything and Denver isn't small. It's a medium sized city

Old 07-18-2015, 07:07 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
How has Denver hit it's peak? Maybe the prices might slow down growth a bit, but the area still has more than enough room to grow

Phoenix isn't much closer to anything and Denver isn't small. It's a medium sized city
Denver metro is a pretty good size (geographically)

Denver isn't a short weekend drive to many large cities like Phx is.

Phoenix city center is booming and growing at a rapid pace. It will grow because of its cheap COL, warm weather and booming tech sector as well as growth in its University population.

IMO Phoenix will continuously outpace Denver in growth and progress. Denver will always have the benefit of being the only major population center in any direction for hundreds of miles while boasting an enormous international airport and housing an airline. Phoenix used to have US Airways and is instead a hub for American Airlines at a decently large airport. Phoenix has to compete with LA, SD and LV.

I've lived in both metros I prefer Phx personally but Denver does have a bright future with a lot of positive qualities that shouldn't be discounted.

They both of bright futures but they have different positive qualities that will send them in different directions.

Last edited by JGMotorsport64; 07-18-2015 at 07:21 PM..

Old 07-18-2015, 07:22 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,518,445 times
Denver: it's economy is more diverse and it has a better education system.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:16 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,296 times
I think the phx boosters are a little off base! Denver is growing where it matters most! High end jobs, mass transit, far more urban CBD. All phx is doing is gobbling up land. Besides, it was mentioned about phx airport. Denver has the larger and busier airport! That will not change either! Plus our Intel and Aerospace industry is still amongst the largest and best in the US! Denver is far more progressive and growing where it matters most! Plus a healthier and more educated work force to boot!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:19 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Definitely Denver - Phoenix water issues will not just disappear. A solution is nowhere near to being implemented.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 PM

78 posts, read 123,673 times
Denver. Its a pretty cool city, phoenix is nice, but everything looks the same and the downtown is pretty lame, skyline wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City