Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Francisco becoming more Influential than Los Angeles?
San Franciso is Becoming more Influential Globally 72 37.89%
Los Angeles is Still more Influential Globally 118 62.11%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 02:22 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Why all the swearing?
Why not?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:17 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Lol, shots fired. Problem is, they're still the champs and you guys haven't won anything in nearly 30 years.

#westcoastbaseballlol
As long as we win before 2042, we won't be anywhere nearly as pathetic as the Giants were for so long

The Dodgers are probably playing their worst baseball right now and are still 3.5 games ahead and in first place. Now, I don't really expect them to do anything in the playoffs because they have problems beating teams with a winning record, but hey, the playoffs are a crap shoot (especially in baseball).

The Lakers and Clippers are probably still worse than the Warriors though. NFL, we don't even have a team.

Really, in the real world, all the "rivalry" seems to be hemmed into one area and that's baseball. Both areas don't even have the same industries, nor do they attract the same kind of people. I do notice there is more of a dislike for LA up there than there is for SF down here, but most of that doesn't come from Bay Area natives (who suffer from 'jaded' syndrome, like every other CA native) but from the people who move there.

I'm just happy that when it seems that one area is lagging, the other area picks up the slack.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:23 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,060 times
Warriors/Clips is probably the best current rivalry in the NBA, two teams that seem to genuinely 'not like each other'. The Warriors being champs may change that dynamic a little going forward (plus that Clips/Spurs series..) but we shall see, the Clips are still contenders and dangerous (unlike the Mavs and Blazers).

Old 08-13-2015, 10:42 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times
The L.A area had so many titles & champions in the last 15 years it's not even a debate,

Lakers to the Sparks ,L.A kings, Boxing greats like De la hoya & Mosley, L.A galaxy,Tiger Woods ,Venus & Serena all hail from the Los Angeles area, Clippers only on top now cause the league vetoed that Chris trade & was tired of seeing Laker dominance. But hats off to the Bay area right now, i prefer them over the Cavs or Clippers. Los Angeles should have a few nfl teams this season plus a shot at a 3rd Olympics /No worries in So cal Baby.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:05 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Why not?
It seems unnecessary... Why are you letting someone drive you to swear and use classless language? Just add them to your ignore list, like I have.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:10 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,196,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
L.A. is still the bigger economy and twice the size of the Bay Area but the gap is closing.

SF's international economic recognition has been rising substantially while L.A.'s has not at all.
SF does however have a higher quality of life and urban reputation than L.A. in basically every department.

L.A. has huge international reputation due to Hollywood but unlike San Francisco, it's not a particularly good one.
Why is it not good?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:19 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Warriors/Clips is probably the best current rivalry in the NBA, two teams that seem to genuinely 'not like each other'. The Warriors being champs may change that dynamic a little going forward (plus that Clips/Spurs series..) but we shall see, the Clips are still contenders and dangerous (unlike the Mavs and Blazers).
Ehh we shall see, but they did get better than last year. They have a real bench this year, plus arguably one of the strongest starting 5 in the NBA, but for some reason they just can't break through to the WCF. I think the Warriors overpaid for Draymond Green (the most he would've gotten with another team was $70 million) but understand why it was done.

As for the Lakers, D'Angelo Russell didn't look all that impressive in the Summer League, but PG is the hardest position to play out of college, so I won't harp on him too much for it.

Regarding the NFL: until I see boots on the ground and actual construction begin for an LA team, I won't jump to any conclusion. No one can really tell me why this offseason was any different than any single other one the past 20 years, except for the "more press" part (which is dumb because it has consistently been in the press every year since 2009). I get the impression if the Rams don't come here, no one will. Still, I'm personally a Niner fan, and this past offseason was the worst offseason of all time for an NFL team. Until Jed York is gone, I don't think the team is going anywhere.

I know this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, and its my fault haha. Like I said, I think both options are true for this poll.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:03 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,060 times
Hilarious niner offseason

Old 08-14-2015, 08:30 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
This highlights the fact that the best and brightest are flocking to the Bay Area:
Harvard Class Highlights MBA Students? Shift To Silicon Valley Tech Sector | BusinessBecause

Old 08-14-2015, 11:22 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Error...

LA is one of the largest media hub in the world, not just in films, but general publication, news, magazines, fashion, arts, music and etc.

Also I'm being real, nobody besides people in Cali, geography and tech nerds, "I'm one my self" would know Google is in the Bay Area. They would just know LA is being shove down there throats with half the movies and TV shows they ever saw. And that just the Americans, LA has created a general perception to foreigners how America look itself the sprawl, the bungalow, the palm trees the hills, beaches, SF is an known city the Victorian building bridge and etc but to someone uneducated about the US would likely be more familiar with Hollywood and LA layout and architecture,

Also LA is also more Diverse, SF is very diverse significant Asian population how ever LA is more significant. Larger Korean population and etc. SF actually has terrible black population size the West in general does, But LA is still is top 5 in raw numbers. Also Middle eastern immigration, Eastern Europe, A large host of Latin American countries. LA is is clearly more international city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City