U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Francisco becoming more Influential than Los Angeles?
San Franciso is Becoming more Influential Globally 72 37.89%
Los Angeles is Still more Influential Globally 118 62.11%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 04:14 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,227,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha what are you talking about? You think LA is immune from a dive in the stock market?
Of course not. Where in my comment did I mention LA?

On the other hand, I've seen you claim in more than one thread that SF's economy is immune to outside forces whenever the question of the market is brought up. We may get to test that theory sooner than later.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:48 AM

31,580 posts, read 53,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Huh? Those three counties are far from San Francisco, and even on the outskirts of the CSA (which is a BS metric to begin with, even in the case of the Bay, but I digress). Is "commuter shed" slang for poor people have to commute even further to survive? Lol
Haha since when are you an advocate for long distance commuters in the Bay Area? LOL

We have the world highest proportion of long distance commuters in the country already so its not a surprise.
No. 1: San Francisco, CA - In Photos: 10 Cities With The Most Extreme, Long Commutes - Forbes

You seem to think that we all live in unexpandable areas that cannot grow. That might be the case for Philly but the Bay Area is poised to continue adding counties for quite a long time.

Muhahahaha

lol

Old 08-24-2015, 05:55 AM

31,580 posts, read 53,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
Of course not. Where in my comment did I mention LA?

On the other hand, I've seen you claim in more than one thread that SF's economy is immune to outside forces whenever the question of the market is brought up. We may get to test that theory sooner than later.
Singling out the Bay Area implies that LA is in a different boat and therefore not subject to the adverse affects of a stock market decline, and that's preposterous and juvenile.

In fact, this is another way the Bay Area steamrolls over LA in global relevance. The world invests trillions in Bay Area companies, btwn 4 and 6 trillion. Thats not our money, thats YOURS in the form of investments and 401Ks.

The market sinking affects Bay Area stocks but you have a major interest in our success, no?

Meanwhile, nobody but groupees really truly cares or is affected by anything that happens in Hollywood. Its value is much more superficial.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:43 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,227,960 times
Quote:
Singling out the Bay Area implies that LA is in a different boat and therefore not subject to the adverse affects of a stock market decline, and that's preposterous and juvenile.

In fact, this is another way the Bay Area steamrolls over LA in global relevance. The world invests trillions in Bay Area companies, btwn 4 and 6 trillion. Thats not our money, thats YOURS in the form of investments and 401Ks.

The market sinking affects Bay Area stocks but you have a major interest in our success, no?

Meanwhile, nobody but groupees really truly cares or is affected by anything that happens in Hollywood. Its value is much more superficial.
Are you having a stroke?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM

1,323 posts, read 677,276 times
Did somebody just brag about a long commute?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,118,081 times
What's wrong with people on CD? Wanting cities to get hurt just because you disagree with a poster?

Are you sh*tting me? Are you all that mentally weak?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,505,487 times
That's what I'm sayin.. Ppl get so internet salty on here.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:54 AM

1,707 posts, read 948,567 times
SFO is hot for now but wait for that bubble to burst and we shall see how they handle it

Old 08-24-2015, 11:56 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,505,487 times
Right on cue..

Old 08-24-2015, 12:05 PM

3,504 posts, read 2,731,636 times
Quote:
Haha since when are you an advocate for long distance commuters in the Bay Area? LOL

We have the world highest proportion of long distance commuters in the country already so its not a surprise.
No. 1: San Francisco, CA - In Photos: 10 Cities With The Most Extreme, Long Commutes - Forbes

You seem to think that we all live in unexpandable areas that cannot grow. That might be the case for Philly but the Bay Area is poised to continue adding counties for quite a long time.

Muhahahaha

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Did somebody just brag about a long commute?
Yes, yes he did. Lol, Montclair wants the Bay to be number one in everything, even when they're clearly terrible lists.

Long commutes are a terrible metric, no matter how you try to spin it. And clearly the Bay has a housing problem if it has to rely on far flung counties for growth.

Long Commute to Silicon Valley Increasingly the Norm for Many | Boomtown | News Fix | KQED News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City