U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2016, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Eugene, OR
256 posts, read 163,977 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Gotta pick Cinncy. It's larger with more things to do. Syracuse has a lot of pluses and I don't mind some snow, but they get much more than I would want, lol.

Raleigh, NC or Austin, TX?
Austin. While I don't think I would like the climate in either of these places, atleast Austin has lakes and springs nearby, while Raleigh's beaches are nearly 2 hours away. I also like that Austin is bigger and just feels more... influential.

Anchorage, AK of Sidney, MT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2016, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,208 posts, read 24,214,597 times
Reputation: 12873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
Austin. While I don't think I would like the climate in either of these places, atleast Austin has lakes and springs nearby, while Raleigh's beaches are nearly 2 hours away. I also like that Austin is bigger and just feels more... influential.

Anchorage, AK of Sidney, MT.
Anchorage, though oil country would be fun.


Elizabethtown, KY or Monroe, MI?
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, and the Washington state forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Eugene, OR
256 posts, read 163,977 times
Reputation: 262
I would choose Monroe. The snow in the winter would be exciting; it's something that I wish we got more of here in Oregon. I would also prefer the political climate in Michigan and living near the lake would be a plus. The proximity to the University of Michigan and Detroit Airport is more convenient than what surrounds Elizabethtown.

Cheyenne, WY or Burlington, VT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,004 posts, read 863,466 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
I would choose Monroe. The snow in the winter would be exciting; it's something that I wish we got more of here in Oregon. I would also prefer the political climate in Michigan and living near the lake would be a plus. The proximity to the University of Michigan and Detroit Airport is more convenient than what surrounds Elizabethtown.

Cheyenne, WY or Burlington, VT
Burlington, VT - one of my favorites of the smaller cities that I've visited. Great downtown and beautiful setting on the lake.

Colorado Springs, CO or Santa Fe, NM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,208 posts, read 24,214,597 times
Reputation: 12873
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Burlington, VT - one of my favorites of the smaller cities that I've visited. Great downtown and beautiful setting on the lake.

Colorado Springs, CO or Santa Fe, NM
Colorado Springs. Santa Fe underwhelms me.


Rocky Mount, NC or Corsicana, TX?
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, and the Washington state forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 AM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,417,872 times
Reputation: 2726
[quote=ryan_ninenine;43571538]Austin. While I don't think I would like the climate in either of these places, atleast Austin has lakes and springs nearby, while Raleigh's beaches are nearly 2 hours away. I also like that Austin is bigger and just feels more... influential.

Actually, the Raleigh area does have 2 large lakes (Fall of the Neuse Lake and Lake Jordan). Raleigh is 140 miles from the nearest beach and Austin is 208 miles from their nearest beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 AM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,417,872 times
Reputation: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Colorado Springs. Santa Fe underwhelms me.


Rocky Mount, NC or Corsicana, TX?
Rocky Mount, NC. It's in my home state of NC and I know nothing about Corsicana.

Spokane, WA or Boise, ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2016, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,208 posts, read 24,214,597 times
Reputation: 12873
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Rocky Mount, NC. It's in my home state of NC and I know nothing about Corsicana.

Spokane, WA or Boise, ID?
Spokane, WA. My true home.


Berea, KY or O'Fallon, IL?
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, and the Washington state forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM
 
1,709 posts, read 1,657,621 times
Reputation: 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Spokane, WA. My true home.


Berea, KY or O'Fallon, IL?
O'Fallon. It's closer to a big city which also happens to be my home. Berea's in the middle of nowhere.

Atlanta or Denver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2016, 09:27 AM
 
29,414 posts, read 26,899,574 times
Reputation: 18004
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
O'Fallon. It's closer to a big city which also happens to be my home. Berea's in the middle of nowhere.

Atlanta or Denver?
Atlanta, my former stomping grounds.

Huntsville, AL or Charleston, WV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top