U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-24-2016, 02:42 PM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,413,872 times
Reputation: 2726

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Wheeling is a cool little town but it's pretty isolated, so probably Charlotte.

Minneapolis or Madison?
Minneapolis. It's larger with more to do.

Boston, MA or Seattle, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2016, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
1,099 posts, read 1,106,969 times
Reputation: 1384
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Minneapolis. It's larger with more to do.

Boston, MA or Seattle, WA?
Seattle. Would probably appreciate the scenery more.

Staunton, VA or Scranton, PA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Eugene, OR
256 posts, read 163,760 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
Seattle. Would probably appreciate the scenery more.

Staunton, VA or Scranton, PA?
Scranton, PA. It's bigger and less isolated. I don't know enough about either, like if one or the other has bad crime or not, to truly say but just by looking at them I would pick Scranton. The weather there also seems more enjoyable for me.

Denver, CO or Rochester, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,664 posts, read 8,050,782 times
Reputation: 2887
NYC, L.A, Minneapolis, Denver CO, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland OR, Boston MA, San Diego CA tiny bit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,413,872 times
Reputation: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ninenine View Post
Scranton, PA. It's bigger and less isolated. I don't know enough about either, like if one or the other has bad crime or not, to truly say but just by looking at them I would pick Scranton. The weather there also seems more enjoyable for me.

Denver, CO or Rochester, NY
I'll pick Rochester. The COL is the tipping point here. But Rochester is a nice area and upstate NY is an under-appreciated area.

Charlottesville, VA or Boise, ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:03 PM
 
989 posts, read 918,330 times
Reputation: 558
Bosie; I dig the west

St. Louis, Missouri or Salt Lake City, Utah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 PM
 
448 posts, read 383,281 times
Reputation: 245
Salt Lake city cause the scenery is so nice from what I've seen.


Fresno or Birmingham?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:23 PM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,413,872 times
Reputation: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbidy View Post
Salt Lake city cause the scenery is so nice from what I've seen.


Fresno or Birmingham?
I actually wouldn't want to live in either. But given the choice, I'd pick Birmingham. It's close to the warm water beaches of the Gulf and Atlantic and close to FL where we like to vacation sometimes.

Pittsburgh PA or Philadelphia PA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:51 PM
 
1,709 posts, read 1,656,509 times
Reputation: 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I actually wouldn't want to live in either. But given the choice, I'd pick Birmingham. It's close to the warm water beaches of the Gulf and Atlantic and close to FL where we like to vacation sometimes.

Pittsburgh PA or Philadelphia PA?
This is a good one. I'm gonna have to say Philly. It's just more accessible from all fronts-being in the BosWash corridor is huge. It will be way easier to catch a flight to anywhere else in the country as well. Plus the mass transit is far better.

Chattanooga TN or South Bend IN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:59 PM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,413,872 times
Reputation: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
This is a good one. I'm gonna have to say Philly. It's just more accessible from all fronts-being in the BosWash corridor is huge. It will be way easier to catch a flight to anywhere else in the country as well. Plus the mass transit is far better.

Chattanooga TN or South Bend IN?
Chattanooga. The scenery is really beautiful there.

Kansas City MO or St. Louis MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top