U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 05:48 PM

6,557 posts, read 10,261,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Boston, MA

COL high in both cities but considerably higher in NYC. Don't think there is much difference in wages though. NYC way too crowded, populated for me to live; good, fun place to visit though. Boston is closer to being the ideal size and there is still plenty to do there. The American Revolution history has been better preserved in Boston than in NYC.

Denver, CO or St. Louis, MO ?
Denver. St. Louis has some cool architecture and a great history, but the city has been plagued by urban decay, social issues and racial strife.

Albert Lea, MN or Raton, NM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:56 PM

14,798 posts, read 19,006,770 times
Quote:
Boston, MA

COL high in both cities but considerably higher in NYC. Don't think there is much difference in wages though. NYC way too crowded, populated for me to live; good, fun place to visit though. Boston is closer to being the ideal size and there is still plenty to do there. The American Revolution/colonial history has been better preserved in Boston than in NYC.

Denver, CO or St. Louis, MO ?
Have you ever been to Queens? Not to say it can't be crowded in places, but Queens is much less crowded on average than Manhattan. I think people often just go to Manhattan and assume the entirety of NYC is like that, but it's not. Queens is basically the same population as Houston as well. Tons of stuff there just in and of itself, not to mention the areas where the other almost 7 million people of NYC live.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:05 PM

15,016 posts, read 4,797,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Have you ever been to Queens? Not to say it can't be crowded in places, but Queens is much less crowded on average than Manhattan. I think people often just go to Manhattan and assume the entirety of NYC is like that, but it's not. Queens is basically the same population as Houston as well. Tons of stuff there just in and of itself, not to mention the areas where the other almost 7 million people of NYC live.
No worries. Just fun to pick between two cities, usually with limited info at our disposal. Sometimes more when it is cities that are close to home. Have never been to Queens. I did know Manhattan was most crowded borough. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-01-2016, 06:12 PM

15,016 posts, read 4,797,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Denver. St. Louis has some cool architecture and a great history, but the city has been plagued by urban decay, social issues and racial strife.

Albert Lea, MN or Raton, NM?
Albert Lea, MN

Puts me about 100-120 miles from some friends/relatives in MN/western WI. About 95 miles to Minneapolis for pro sports/plenty more to do. Also am familiar with MN having grown up there. Don't know anyone in New Mexico. COL reasonable in both places. Would probably not like hot summers in Raton. Albert Lea is a little larger (18,000 vs. 7,000). Has several lakes nearby. Scenic Root River/Lanesboro area close for day trips. Could cross SPAM museum in nearby Austin, MN and Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa off my bucket list from there. Lol.

Pueblo, Colorado or Laramie, Wyoming ?

Last edited by chessgeek; 11-01-2016 at 06:39 PM..

Old 11-01-2016, 10:15 PM

5,055 posts, read 4,091,562 times
Quote:
Albert Lea, MN

Puts me about 100-120 miles from some friends/relatives in MN/western WI. About 95 miles to Minneapolis for pro sports/plenty more to do. Also am familiar with MN having grown up there. Don't know anyone in New Mexico. COL reasonable in both places. Would probably not like hot summers in Raton. Albert Lea is a little larger (18,000 vs. 7,000). Has several lakes nearby. Scenic Root River/Lanesboro area close for day trips. Could cross SPAM museum in nearby Austin, MN and Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa off my bucket list from there. Lol.

Pueblo, Colorado or Laramie, Wyoming ?
Pueblo, Colorado. Located in a beautiful and progressive state.

Pensacola, FL or Dubuque, IA?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,519,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Pueblo, Colorado. Located in a beautiful and progressive state.

Pensacola, FL or Dubuque, IA?
Pensacola. Like its coastal location.

Melbourne, FL or Galveston, TX?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:29 AM

17,663 posts, read 4,062,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Pensacola. Like its coastal location.

Melbourne, FL or Galveston, TX?
Galveston because its in Texas
Detroit MI or Albuquerque,NM?

Old 11-02-2016, 11:03 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Galveston because its in Texas
Detroit MI or Albuquerque,NM?
Detroit, because there are some good things happening there and I like Michigan.

Chicago or New York City

Old 11-02-2016, 11:59 AM

17,663 posts, read 4,062,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Detroit, because there are some good things happening there and I like Michigan.

Chicago or New York City
New York City because its warmer
Dallas,TX or Fort Worth,Texas

Old 11-02-2016, 12:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,400,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
New York City because its warmer
Dallas,TX or Fort Worth,Texas
Probably Dallas. I'm intrigued by its Deep Ellum neighborhood.

West Chicago, Illinois or West New York, New Jersey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or