U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 PM

989 posts, read 907,367 times

Advertisements

West Chicago; I have friends who live there, don't know enough about New York

Charlotte, North Carolina or Washington D.C.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 01:21 PM

16,913 posts, read 3,761,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
West Chicago; I have friends who live there, don't know enough about New York

Charlotte, North Carolina or Washington D.C.?
Charlotte,North Carolina
Midland,MI or Midland,AR?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 PM

3,130 posts, read 1,362,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Charlotte,North Carolina
Midland,MI or Midland,AR?
Midland, AR. Not as cold.

Greensboro, NC or Albuquerque, NM?

Old 11-02-2016, 02:33 PM

29,167 posts, read 26,604,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Midland, AR. Not as cold.

Greensboro, NC or Albuquerque, NM?
Greensboro. I like the place.

Topeka or Wichita?

Old 11-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Greensboro. I like the place.

Topeka or Wichita?
Wichita. Bigger. Was there once and was pleasantly surprised.

San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA?

Old 11-02-2016, 02:37 PM

3,817 posts, read 3,342,655 times
Quote:
Wichita. Bigger. Was there once and was pleasantly surprised.

San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA?
Los Angeles, There's a certain smugness to the Bay Area that's always rubbed me wrong.

Anchorage KY or Anchorage AK

Old 11-02-2016, 02:38 PM

16,913 posts, read 3,761,368 times
Anchorage,KY because its warmer
Modesto,CA or Newark,NJ?

Old 11-02-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Los Angeles, There's a certain smugness to the Bay Area that's always rubbed me wrong.

Anchorage KY or Anchorage AK
Without even knowing about the place, Anchorage KY. There's no way I could live anywhere in AK. Isolated, very cold, day/night cycles would drive me out of my mind.

Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN?

Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM

6,585 posts, read 13,855,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Anchorage,KY because its warmer
Modesto,CA or Newark,NJ?
Newark. It gets a bad name, but I stayed there overnight for a job interview early in the morning once. Had tons of fun. Military Park in the summer has concert and movie series. There's a Shake Shack kinda burger place with a beer garden out back with a live DJ. Very diverse crowd of young people. Lots of younger and edgier people that can't afford Manhattan. Some great new businesses and buildings being built in Newark. Definitely on a great path to an amazing revival, IMO. Cheaper than NYC, developing its own identity and growing downtown. Easy commute on PATH to NYC.

Quote:
Without even knowing about the place, Anchorage KY. There's no way I could live anywhere in AK. Isolated, very cold, day/night cycles would drive me out of my mind.

Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN?
Minneapolis. Too many of my fellow Californians moving to Denver so it's about to be the LA of the Rockies. It's also less isolated since Minneapolis is an easy flight to other major Midwest cities. Minneapolis has St. Paul right next door, so it's two cities in one. Denver is pretty isolated and the only major city around so I think I'd feel closed in there and get bored with just that one city to hang out in all the time. Denver seems amazing though. Nothing against it. I still have it on my list of cities that I check job postings in. It would win over most cities. I just think I'd like Minneapolis more.

Portland, ME or Portland, OR?

Old 11-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Newark. It gets a bad name, but I stayed there overnight for a job interview early in the morning once. Had tons of fun. Military Park in the summer has concert and movie series. There's a Shake Shack kinda burger place with a beer garden out back with a live DJ. Very diverse crowd of young people. Lots of younger and edgier people that can't afford Manhattan. Some great new businesses and buildings being built in Newark. Definitely on a great path to an amazing revival, IMO. Cheaper than NYC, developing its own identity and growing downtown. Easy commute on PATH to NYC.

Minneapolis. Too many of my fellow Californians moving to Denver so it's about to be the LA of the Rockies. It's also less isolated since Minneapolis is an easy flight to other major Midwest cities. Minneapolis has St. Paul right next door, so it's two cities in one. Denver is pretty isolated and the only major city around so I think I'd feel closed in there and get bored with just that one city to hang out in all the time. Denver seems amazing though. Nothing against it. I still have it on my list of cities that I check job postings in. It would win over most cities. I just think I'd like Minneapolis more.

Portland, ME or Portland, OR?
Portland, ME. My in-laws live in New England and I love that part of the U.S. Portland, OR is a bit too expensive, don't like the climate, and is a tad overrated, IMO.

Dallas, TX or Houston, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or