U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
15,047 posts, read 4,801,752 times
Reputation: 8089

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
San Antonio. Nice area. Great food and recreational assets.

Charlottesville, VA or Boise, ID?
Charlottesville, VA

Smaller than Boise but a nice college town of 50,000 that should offer enough to do for this 56 year old guy. UVA sports, Blue Ridge Mtns nearby. Reasonably close to both Richmond and DC as well. A former co-worker/acquaintance lives in the DC area now. We keep in touch online still. Could visit. Don't know anyone in Idaho. Greener than Boise. Good place from which to explore the eastern US.

Chico, CA or Provo, UT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2016, 06:30 PM
 
17,686 posts, read 4,076,675 times
Reputation: 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Charlottesville, VA

Smaller than Boise but a nice college town of 50,000 that should offer enough to do for this 56 year old guy. UVA sports, Blue Ridge Mtns nearby. Reasonably close to both Richmond and DC as well. A former co-worker/acquaintance lives in the DC area now. We keep in touch online still. Could visit. Don't know anyone in Idaho. Greener than Boise. Good place from which to explore the eastern US.

Chico, CA or Provo, UT?
Chico,Ca because it is close to the Cascades.

Roswell,New Mexico or San Angelo, Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2016, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
15,047 posts, read 4,801,752 times
Reputation: 8089
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Chico,Ca because it is close to the Cascades.

Roswell,New Mexico or San Angelo, Texas?
Roswell, NM

I have a few friends that would probably visit me there to check out the UFO museum/gift stores/attractions. Both cities have hot summer days, but Roswell's higher elevation provides cooler summer evenings than San Angelo.

Lincoln, NE or Omaha, NE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2016, 08:37 AM
 
1,709 posts, read 1,675,235 times
Reputation: 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Roswell, NM

I have a few friends that would probably visit me there to check out the UFO museum/gift stores/attractions. Both cities have hot summer days, but Roswell's higher elevation provides cooler summer evenings than San Angelo.

Lincoln, NE or Omaha, NE?
Lincoln. As a current college student I would love to take part in that atmosphere.

Oklahoma City OK or Albany NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2016, 03:35 PM
 
17,686 posts, read 4,076,675 times
Reputation: 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Lincoln. As a current college student I would love to take part in that atmosphere.

Oklahoma City OK or Albany NY?
Oklahoma City because its in Oklahoma and its warmer.
Lansing Michigan or Baton Rouge,La?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2016, 03:57 PM
 
992 posts, read 939,594 times
Reputation: 558
Baton Rouge; prefer southern culture and weather

Washington D.C. or Charlotte, North Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2016, 10:28 PM
 
226 posts, read 167,740 times
Reputation: 409
Washington. I find Charlotte kind of soulless.

Los Angeles or Seattle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 07:50 AM
 
29,944 posts, read 27,386,421 times
Reputation: 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bees46 View Post
Washington. I find Charlotte kind of soulless.
Some people say the same for DC interestingly enough.

Quote:
Los Angeles or Seattle?
LA. Very fun city, diverse, awesome climate, lots to do, etc.

Bristol, VA or Rogers, AR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 10:37 AM
 
992 posts, read 939,594 times
Reputation: 558
Rogers for cheap COL (plus Arkansas is a beautiful state)

Louisville, Kentucky or Columbus, Ohio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 12:33 PM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,531,647 times
Reputation: 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Rogers for cheap COL (plus Arkansas is a beautiful state)

Louisville, Kentucky or Columbus, Ohio?
Columbus. A sometimes overlooked metro that's actually pretty good.

Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top