U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-16-2017, 07:57 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
22,523 posts, read 34,633,990 times
Reputation: 14586

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Templeton... primarily for the weather and proximity to the ocean.

Albany, OR or Albany, GA?
Albany, OR.

East Hampton, NY or Pebble Beach, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2017, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,004 posts, read 863,466 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Albany, OR.

East Hampton, NY or Pebble Beach, CA?
Pebble Beach is more beautiful, but isolated. The Hamptons seem horribly pretentious to me but offer proximity to NYC. So, I pick East Hampton.

San Francisco or Seattle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2017, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
14,841 posts, read 4,742,235 times
Reputation: 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Pebble Beach is more beautiful, but isolated. The Hamptons seem horribly pretentious to me but offer proximity to NYC. So, I pick East Hampton.

San Francisco or Seattle?
Pebble Beach is right next door to Carmel, Monterey & Pacific Grove. It is about 25 miles to Salinas, a city of 150,000 people and 80 miles to San Jose in the Bay Area, a city of about 1 million people. East Hampton is 100 miles to NYC. Think there is a train from East Hampton to NYC, though. Agree that Pebble Beach is beautiful.

San Francisco.

Much more familiarity. Bay Area has teams in all pro sports leagues plus several college options. Choice of 3 major airports in the region. Seattle has no NBA or NHL team. Know several people in the Bay Area. Only one acquaintance near Seattle. Think Seattle could be as expensive as San Francisco within the next decade. Do need to visit Seattle, though.

Sacramento, CA or Tacoma, WA?

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-16-2017 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2017, 05:57 AM
 
875 posts, read 1,527,993 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Pebble Beach is right next door to Carmel, Monterey & Pacific Grove. It is about 25 miles to Salinas, a city of 150,000 people and 80 miles to San Jose in the Bay Area, a city of about 1 million people. East Hampton is 100 miles to NYC. Think there is a train from East Hampton to NYC, though. Agree that Pebble Beach is beautiful.

San Francisco.

Much more familiarity. Bay Area has teams in all pro sports leagues plus several college options. Choice of 3 major airports in the region. Seattle has no NBA or NHL team. Know several people in the Bay Area. Only one acquaintance near Seattle. Think Seattle could be as expensive as San Francisco within the next decade. Do need to visit Seattle, though.

Sacramento, CA or Tacoma, WA?
Sacramento... give me sun over rain.

Lanai City, HI or Hana, HI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2017, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,004 posts, read 863,466 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Sacramento... give me sun over rain.

Lanai City, HI or Hana, HI?
Both of these tiny communities definitely qualify as isolated (as opposed to to my inaccurate post above for East Hampton vs. Pebble Beach ).

Since Hana is right on the ocean, I'll go with that.

Lexington, KY or Knoxville TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2017, 12:48 PM
 
5,647 posts, read 8,662,193 times
Reputation: 4814
Knoxville because it has a river and bigger better mountains nearby.

Astoria OR, or Athens, GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2017, 09:30 PM
 
1,184 posts, read 576,677 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Knoxville because it has a river and bigger better mountains nearby.

Astoria OR, or Athens, GA?
OR because outside of Atlanta I'm not a fan of GA

Portland, ORvs Portland, ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2017, 04:24 PM
 
55,943 posts, read 79,966,643 times
Reputation: 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
OR because outside of Atlanta I'm not a fan of GA

Portland, ORvs Portland, ME
I'd say Portland OR due to being a bigger area


Conway SC or Ocean Springs MS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2017, 06:09 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Laguna Beach, CA
442 posts, read 610,486 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'd say Portland OR due to being a bigger area


Conway SC or Ocean Springs MS?
Both are pretty nice places IMO, but I'm going with Conway SC. It's only 20 min from Myrtle Beach, and in-between Wilmington NC and Charleston, and I definitely prefer the Atlantic side over the Gulf of Mexico.

Kansas City MO, or Nashville TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2017, 06:22 PM
sub
 
705 posts, read 373,866 times
Reputation: 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Both are pretty nice places IMO, but I'm going with Conway SC. It's only 20 min from Myrtle Beach, and in-between Wilmington NC and Charleston, and I definitely prefer the Atlantic side over the Gulf of Mexico.

Kansas City MO, or Nashville TN?
Kansas City.

Colorado Springs or Idaho Falls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top