Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 10:33 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,446,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Alexandria, VA because it is close to D.C.

Nashville, TN or Pittsburgh, PA?
Pittsburgh, PA. I prefer the natural setting, dense built environment, Northeastern location, and Pennsylvanian political climate. Nashville is a fun place for me to visit, but I'd never live there.

Geneva, NY or Highlands, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 02:19 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Pittsburgh, PA. I prefer the natural setting, dense built environment, Northeastern location, and Pennsylvanian political climate. Nashville is a fun place for me to visit, but I'd never live there.

Geneva, NY or Highlands, NC?
Both are lovely, but Highlands is really just an upscale tourist village; Geneva is a much more fleshed out city with many more entertainment options. Plus the lakeside location cinches it. Geneva.

Little Rock, AR or Winston-Salem, NC?

Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,151,102 times
Ooooh. Tricky one. I would guess that they are both pretty even for me...both too small but have some nice things going on and decent urban cores. But I'd pick LR since I've actually been there and have not been to Winston-Salem.

Currently in Indy for business so I'll ask Indy or Louisville?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:58 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,373,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Ooooh. Tricky one. I would guess that they are both pretty even for me...both too small but have some nice things going on and decent urban cores. But I'd pick LR since I've actually been there and have not been to Winston-Salem.

Currently in Indy for business so I'll ask Indy or Louisville?
Louisville, more urban. Better restaurants, more cultural attractions, closer to Cincinnati.

Charlotte, NC or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 10-21-2017, 10:13 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,191,689 times
Milwaukee, WI

Charlotte is a decent city, but living in Milwaukee gives me more opportunities to visit people I know in WI and MN, and is not too far from the Twin Cities area where I grew up. Plenty of amenities, both urban and outdoors, in the city and region, especially with both Chicago and Madison nearby. Could adapt to a 4 seasons climate.

Another NC vs WI choice:

Asheville, NC or Madison, WI ?

Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Milwaukee, WI

Charlotte is a decent city, but living in Milwaukee gives me more opportunities to visit people I know in WI and MN, and is not too far from the Twin Cities area where I grew up. Plenty of amenities, both urban and outdoors, in the city and region, especially with both Chicago and Madison nearby. Could adapt to a 4 seasons climate.

Another NC vs WI choice:

Asheville, NC or Madison, WI ?
Madison, WI. Nice four season climate and it's in the Midwest. Asheville would not be pleasant for me in summer, even though I know Wisconsin gets hot too.

Des Moines, IA or Billings, MT?

Old 10-21-2017, 11:38 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,098,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Madison, WI. Nice four season climate and it's in the Midwest. Asheville would not be pleasant for me in summer, even though I know Wisconsin gets hot too.

Des Moines, IA or Billings, MT?
Des Moines. Seems like a clean cut, solid Midwestern, capital city. Billings seems more isolated and much smaller.

Great Falls, VA or Summit, NJ?

Old 10-22-2017, 01:33 PM

1,257 posts, read 887,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Des Moines. Seems like a clean cut, solid Midwestern, capital city. Billings seems more isolated and much smaller.

Great Falls, VA or Summit, NJ?
Great Falls because I love Virginia, and would never want to live in NJ.

Whidbey Island, WA or Tybee Island, GA?

Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,892,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Great Falls because I love Virginia, and would never want to live in NJ.

Whidbey Island, WA or Tybee Island, GA?

Whidbey Island, WA. I prefer a 4-season climate but at least Whidbey Island would have a cool view and the summers aren't going to be hot.

Marquette, MI or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 10-22-2017, 01:59 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,859,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Whidbey Island, WA. I prefer a 4-season climate but at least Whidbey Island would have a cool view and the summers aren't going to be hot.

Marquette, MI or Milwaukee, WI?
Milwaukee. Larger, more opportunities/more culture/more to-do, less isolated, still on a lake.

Huntington, WV or Paducah, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City