U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-26-2017, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Erie, PA
2,750 posts, read 1,190,308 times
Reputation: 6168

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
That's a tough one, both are pretty cool.

I'd go with Milwaukee. Closer to Chicago than Buffalo is to Toronto.

Dayton OH or Rochester NY?

Rochester, NY hands down because I'm from the area and I love being in the snow belt It's also close to Buffalo and Syracuse.

Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2017, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Galewood
3,677 posts, read 8,617,832 times
Reputation: 2067
Portland, Ore...close to Seattle and Vancouver and a brew city.

Aurora, Co or Aurora, Il?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2017, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,256 posts, read 529,399 times
Reputation: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Portland, Ore...close to Seattle and Vancouver and a brew city.

Aurora, Co or Aurora, Il?
Colorado would be more beautiful, but Illinois is closer to Michigan ... and Michigan always wins!

Lake Tahoe or Lake Winnipesaukee, NH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
14,819 posts, read 4,736,727 times
Reputation: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Colorado would be more beautiful, but Illinois is closer to Michigan ... and Michigan always wins!

Lake Tahoe or Lake Winnipesaukee, NH?
Lake Tahoe

Both are beautiful areas. Lake Tahoe is just much closer to people I know in northern California. Also know a couple that recently moved to Reno. Casinos are a nice additional option for entertainment, food and gambling within reason. Have never had a problem setting a limit. Since you did not specify the state, might even choose the Nevada side (Incline Village, etc) with no state income tax. Even if I lived on the California side, it is still my preference. Don't know anyone in NH, VT or ME.

Dahlonega, GA or Evergreen, CO ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 01:05 PM
 
870 posts, read 1,526,384 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Lake Tahoe

Both are beautiful areas. Lake Tahoe is just much closer to people I know in northern California. Also know a couple that recently moved to Reno. Casinos are a nice additional option for entertainment, food and gambling within reason. Have never had a problem setting a limit. Since you did not specify the state, might even choose the Nevada side (Incline Village, etc) with no state income tax. Even if I lived on the California side, it is still my preference. Don't know anyone in NH, VT or ME.

Dahlonega, GA or Evergreen, CO ?
Evergreen. Dahlonega seems like it has a little more going on for it, but Evergreen is within closer proximity to the a major metro and I'd much rather live in Colorado than Georgia.

Fayetteville, NC or Fayetteville, AR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2017, 11:20 AM
 
17,310 posts, read 3,876,524 times
Reputation: 5348
Fayetteville, AR because I have connections to Arkansas

San Angelo,Texas or Alamogordo,New Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2017, 07:13 PM
 
Location: New York Metropolitan Area
406 posts, read 278,257 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Fayetteville, AR because I have connections to Arkansas

San Angelo,Texas or Alamogordo,New Mexico?
San Angelo, I like TX more than NM.

East Hanover, NJ or Hoffman Estates, IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2017, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
14,819 posts, read 4,736,727 times
Reputation: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
San Angelo, I like TX more than NM.

East Hanover, NJ or Hoffman Estates, IL?
Hoffman Estates, IL

Larger than East Hanover. Near Chicago/Lake Michigan. Also has easy access to Milwaukee & Madison areas as it is north of Chicago. Puts me closer to people I know in WI & MN for visits.

Lake City, FL or Lake City, MN ?

Last edited by chessgeek; 11-03-2017 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,283 posts, read 7,830,456 times
Reputation: 3011
The climate would be the major factor and would rather be warm in FL


Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
4,873 posts, read 3,951,377 times
Reputation: 3536
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
The climate would be the major factor and would rather be warm in FL


Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA?
Charleston because it is a nicer area, and growing faster.

Murfreesboro, TN or Surprise, AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top