U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 03:51 PM

13,207 posts, read 24,202,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Beaufort, SC. I've told myself that I will never live in Mississippi yet alone visit it. Also Baufort looks like a cute little town and it seems to have some nice beaches which is always nice.

Little Rock, ARK or Des Moines, Iowa?
Des Moines. Little Rock looks pretty, but I think Des Moines would give me greater peace.

Julesburg, CO or Nowata, OK?

Old 10-19-2015, 04:50 PM

743 posts, read 469,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Des Moines. Little Rock looks pretty, but I think Des Moines would give me greater peace.

Julesburg, CO or Nowata, OK?
Excellent! I had to look up both of them, which is part of what makes this game fun. I think I have to say Julesburg, although I don't think I'd really know until I visited each. I picked Julesburg because it is closer to the west, even though when I Google earthed both of them, Nowata looked (a little) less depressed.

My first thought when I saw the choices was that you made them up just to see if we were paying attention! lol!

Buffalo NY or Green Bay, WI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Excellent! I had to look up both of them, which is part of what makes this game fun. I think I have to say Julesburg, although I don't think I'd really know until I visited each. I picked Julesburg because it is closer to the west, even though when I Google earthed both of them, Nowata looked (a little) less depressed.

My first thought when I saw the choices was that you made them up just to see if we were paying attention! lol!

Buffalo NY or Green Bay, WI?
Buffalo. I would want to experience that insane snow they get.

I've been to Julesburg, and it looks like a good place to hide out from the rest of the world.

Superior, WI or Grand Rapids, MI?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:04 PM

743 posts, read 469,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Buffalo. I would want to experience that insane snow they get.

I've been to Julesburg, and it looks like a good place to hide out from the rest of the world.

Superior, WI or Grand Rapids, MI?
Superior, for sure! Duluth is nice and I love Lake Superior. If you like snow, try Marquette, MI.

In fact,

Marquette, MI or Leadville, CO?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Superior, for sure! Duluth is nice and I love Lake Superior. If you like snow, try Marquette, MI.

In fact,

Marquette, MI or Leadville, CO?
Leadville. I've never been to Marquette, but the relative isolation turns me off. I've always said I'll move to Leadville when I'm old and broke (seems to be the dominant demographic there).

St. Augustine, FL or Dayton, OH?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:25 PM

3,899 posts, read 3,408,707 times
Wow we must really have an image, or lack of awareness problem in Grand Rapids, if we can't even beat Superior WI haha.

I'll Take St Augustine, because I love it, and I love JAX.

Akron or Toledo?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:36 PM

373 posts, read 261,501 times
Akron.
Is this some weird sign. Every time I open this thread it is always about an Ohio city. I would never.

Asheville,NC or Nags Head, NC

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 PM

373 posts, read 261,501 times
mjlo are you from Ohio? if not what is your obsession with those cities?

Old 10-19-2015, 08:01 PM

3,899 posts, read 3,408,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
mjlo are you from Ohio? if not what is your obsession with those cities?
I am not from Ohio, I live in Grand Rapids. Ohio is just full of random easy cities to throw out there when you don't want to take the time to think of a good comparison. None the less your point is noted, although it's a decent amount of posters using the Ohio platform.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:14 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,241,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
Akron.
Is this some weird sign. Every time I open this thread it is always about an Ohio city. I would never.

Asheville,NC or Nags Head, NC
Although I prefer to live near the ocean, Asheville seems to provide a better quality of life.

Stamford, CT or White Plains, NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or