U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,408,702 times
Reputation: 2723

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Weston, MA. Lovely little community.

Albany NY or Burlington VT?
This is a close one. I'll say Albany. Burlington and the Lake Champlain area is beautiful, but a bit geographically isolated. Like Albany's location better and it's a little more affordable too.

Wilmington, NC or Salem, OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2018, 12:00 AM
 
5,818 posts, read 5,110,003 times
Reputation: 17701
Wilmington, NC or Salem, OR?

Salem, because my sister has a beach house on the coast west of there.

Browns Valley, SD or Viroqua, WI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 03:35 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,042 posts, read 560,404 times
Reputation: 1082
I could not locate a Browns Valley, SD and google returned zero results. Was SD a typo?


With that I would choose WI over SD virtually any town. SD is a bit too isolated for my taste.


State College, PA or Morgantown, WV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,135 posts, read 13,983,426 times
Reputation: 7050
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
I could not locate a Browns Valley, SD and google returned zero results. Was SD a typo?


With that I would choose WI over SD virtually any town. SD is a bit too isolated for my taste.


State College, PA or Morgantown, WV
State College, PA. I think PA is beautiful. So is WV, but it's a bit too isolated and too mountainous.

Jacksonville, FL or Jacksonville, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 08:50 AM
 
Location: 304
5,082 posts, read 6,800,764 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
State College, PA. I think PA is beautiful. So is WV, but it's a bit too isolated and too mountainous.

Jacksonville, FL or Jacksonville, NC?
Just so you know, State College is more isolated than Morgantown.

Jacksonville Fl, because it offers a lot more.

Grand Rapids, MI or Little Rock, AS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 08:53 AM
 
868 posts, read 1,525,025 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Just so you know, State College is more isolated than Morgantown.

Jacksonville Fl, because it offers a lot more.

Grand Rapids, MI or Little Rock, AS?
Grand Rapids. More cosmopolitan. Prefer Michigan as a state overall to Arkansas.

Grand Island, NE or Salina, KS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 04:57 PM
 
5,818 posts, read 5,110,003 times
Reputation: 17701
Grand Island, NE or Salina, KS?

Grand Island, because of the Stuhr Museum - very fun. Even though taxes in NE are weirdly high.

Brown's Valley, MN (sorry for incorrectly locating it in SD earlier) or St. Mary, MT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 01:21 AM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
14,799 posts, read 4,734,179 times
Reputation: 7898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Grand Island, NE or Salina, KS?

Grand Island, because of the Stuhr Museum - very fun. Even though taxes in NE are weirdly high.

Brown's Valley, MN (sorry for incorrectly locating it in SD earlier) or St. Mary, MT?
Brown's Valley, MN

Metro areas of Fargo/Moorhead, Sioux Falls, St. Cloud & the Twin Cities are reasonably close. St. Mary has the scenic advantage, being near Glacier National Park. However, it is remote from major cities and has a population of less than 100 people.

Morro Bay, CA or Myrtle Beach, SC?

Last edited by chessgeek; 02-11-2018 at 02:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 07:38 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
22,455 posts, read 34,576,858 times
Reputation: 14491
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Brown's Valley, MN

Metro areas of Fargo/Moorhead, Sioux Falls, St. Cloud & the Twin Cities are reasonably close. St. Mary has the scenic advantage, being near Glacier National Park. However, it is remote from major cities and has a population of less than 100 people.

Morro Bay, CA or Myrtle Beach, SC?
Hi Chessgeek!
Oh Lord, Morro Bay is beautiful; Myrtle Beach holds no appeal for me.

Sea Island, GA or Kiawah Island, SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Central Jersey/NYC Metro
589 posts, read 238,768 times
Reputation: 271
Kiawah Island, SC. Close to Charleston & slightly more populated. Even though Sea Island is in-between Savannah and Jacksonville.

Arlington, VA or Cambridge, MA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top