U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 PM

4,846 posts, read 327,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Boise because it is cleaner and safer.

Venice, FL or Monterey, CA?
Monterey, CA because I cannot live anywhere in the south, I just can't.

The original Portland in Maine or Portland OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 02:39 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,958,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Monterey, CA because I cannot live anywhere in the south, I just can't.

The original Portland in Maine or Portland OR?
Portland Maine because it is more affordable and the people are nicer.

Kenton, OK or Claymont, DE?

Old 05-29-2018, 05:07 PM

236 posts, read 101,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Portland Maine because it is more affordable and the people are nicer.

Kenton, OK or Claymont, DE?
Claymont, Deleware. Kenton is isolated, brown, at risk of tornadoes, and in one of the most (if not the most) uniformly conservatives states in the USA. Its relatively interesting topography and proximity to New Mexico are its redeeming qualities, however. Claymont, however, has quick access to Philadelphia's amenities, is green, at only a moderate risk of hurricane damage and in a relatively progressive state. Claymont for sure!

Baltimore, MD or Providence, RI?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:41 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,380,927 times
Providence. I've never been to either and I think I could be happy in both but I've heard great things about Providence.

Toledo, OH or Youngstown, OH?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:15 AM

874 posts, read 1,527,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Providence. I've never been to either and I think I could be happy in both but I've heard great things about Providence.

Toledo, OH or Youngstown, OH?
Toledo... Similar-sized metros but Toledo has a lot more going in the city proper and some nice suburbs on top of that. Toledo has a nice riverfront/lakefront. Youngstown is a little over an hour from Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Toledo is an hour from Detroit proper and Ann Arbor. Toledo has D1 football and basketball, AAA baseball, and minor league hockey. Toledo seems to be a little more "major" between the two metros.

Jacksonville, FL or Las Vegas, NV?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:24 AM

491 posts, read 186,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Toledo... Similar-sized metros but Toledo has a lot more going in the city proper and some nice suburbs on top of that. Toledo has a nice riverfront/lakefront. Youngstown is a little over an hour from Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Toledo is an hour from Detroit proper and Ann Arbor. Toledo has D1 football and basketball, AAA baseball, and minor league hockey. Toledo seems to be a little more "major" between the two metros.

Jacksonville, FL or Las Vegas, NV?
Jacksonville, FL.

I lived in Palm Springs, CA so I've done the desert thing...not sure I could do it again. Too brown, not enough greenery. Too dry.

Sacramento, CA or Salt Lake City, UT?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:15 PM

593 posts, read 240,103 times
Sacramento. I like that it's close to the Bay Area and places like Lake Tahoe. SLC isn't bad, but I prefer Sac's location.

Kind of a wild card but...
Henderson, NV or Williamsburg, VA?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:25 PM

6,450 posts, read 16,041,555 times
Williamsburg

Brownsville or Syracuse?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:10 AM

4,752 posts, read 2,299,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Williamsburg

Brownsville or Syracuse?
Syracuse, only because I'd like to spend some time in a city that has no Panic Threshold when it comes to snow.

(The Panic Threshold is the amount of snow forecast, in inches, that sends the residents of an area to the supermarkets en masse, there to empty the shelves of all the milk, bread and eggs. I believe some people also refer to this as "the French Toast Index."

(In Washington, DC, the Panic Threshold is one inch. In Philadelphia, six inches. In Boston, 10 inches. I haven't been able to calibrate New York City's yet, because up there, they seem to believe they don't get snow. In Syracuse, and I believe in Buffalo too, they simply walk right over the six-foot drifts on their way from home to work.)

Annapolis, Md., or Santa Fe, N.M.?

Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 AM

3,964 posts, read 2,380,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Syracuse, only because I'd like to spend some time in a city that has no Panic Threshold when it comes to snow.

(The Panic Threshold is the amount of snow forecast, in inches, that sends the residents of an area to the supermarkets en masse, there to empty the shelves of all the milk, bread and eggs. I believe some people also refer to this as "the French Toast Index."

(In Washington, DC, the Panic Threshold is one inch. In Philadelphia, six inches. In Boston, 10 inches. I haven't been able to calibrate New York City's yet, because up there, they seem to believe they don't get snow. In Syracuse, and I believe in Buffalo too, they simply walk right over the six-foot drifts on their way from home to work.)

Annapolis, Md., or Santa Fe, N.M.?
Annapolis, MD.

Closer to urban areas and it's on the water.

Atlanta or Nashville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or