Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 01:10 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,973 times

Advertisements

College Station, because of its proximity to major cities (hour-ish from Houston, 2 from Austin, ~3 from Dallas).

Cincinnati OH or Cleveland OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 01:13 PM

451 posts, read 364,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
College Station, because of its proximity to major cities (hour-ish from Houston, 2 from Austin, ~3 from Dallas).

Cincinnati OH or Cleveland OH?
Cincinnati. Better weather and more vivacious these days.

Duluth, MN or Traverse City, MI?

Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalstaffBlues View Post
Cincinnati. Better weather and more vivacious these days.

Duluth, MN or Traverse City, MI?
Traverse City. It's such a beautiful area and isn't quite as remote.

Huntington, WV or Evansville, IN?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Hmm...never been to either one but Huntington is much larger and seems it would probably offer more. Evansville on the other hand does seem to have positive momentum for a small city. My friend recently had a work trip there and shared pictures of some of the bars and hip neighborhoods he visited, so it certainly does have some things going for it. Both cities seem fairly even on college/university presence, so ultimately it comes down to the larger population for me. Huntington!

Toledo v Akron

Old 08-03-2018, 06:40 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,863,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Hmm...never been to either one but Huntington is much larger and seems it would probably offer more. Evansville on the other hand does seem to have positive momentum for a small city. My friend recently had a work trip there and shared pictures of some of the bars and hip neighborhoods he visited, so it certainly does have some things going for it. Both cities seem fairly even on college/university presence, so ultimately it comes down to the larger population for me. Huntington!

Toledo v Akron
Toledo... Both similarly sized cities/metros just 2 hours apart. Toledo seems to have more of cultural identity as the regional capital of NW Ohio (Akron is stuck in Cleveland's shadow).... Toledo sits on Lake Erie and has a lot of potential with its downtown waterfront on the Maumee River... Akron is closer to Cleveland than Toledo is to any other metro areas but Toledo is still less than an hour from Ann Arbor and Detroit which I see as a big plus.

Elkhart, IN or Janesville, WI?

Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I got a rep comment asking me to correct my post, because Evansville is a much larger city than Huntington. Well, I was in fact referring to metro area as that's usually what matters to me, but in this case it turns out I did misread the numbers. Huntington's MSA, while larger, is not "much larger," and thus I think I would probably pick Evansville. It's 356k vs 315k. And because I do have some times to IN, fwiw, this might tip the scales back to Evansville for me.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:08 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Elkhart, because I don't really have an interest in southern Wisconsin away from the Lake.

Matteson IL or Clifton NJ

Old 08-03-2018, 03:20 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,973 times
Clifton - larger, closer to a major city, has more in general.

Sacramento CA or Tallahassee FL?

Old 08-03-2018, 05:42 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Tallahassee cuz Florida has no state tax

Portland,Oregon or Miami,FL?

Old 08-03-2018, 07:17 PM

755 posts, read 570,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Tallahassee cuz Florida has no state tax

Portland,Oregon or Miami,FL?
Miami. Larger metro, more things to do, no state tax, Latin American food, warmer winter's

Arlington, VA or Jersey City, NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City