U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 09:00 PM

6,202 posts, read 6,860,089 times

Advertisements

Man I like Pittsburgh. A lot. I considered moving there once upon a time. But with where I am today, and considering the needs of my family (in particular, the desire to be in an Asian-rich area), Houston is the choice. Ugh I'm so sad about this hypothetical though lol.

Miami vs San Diego
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 09:51 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,958,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Man I like Pittsburgh. A lot. I considered moving there once upon a time. But with where I am today, and considering the needs of my family (in particular, the desire to be in an Asian-rich area), Houston is the choice. Ugh I'm so sad about this hypothetical though lol.

Miami vs San Diego
San Diego because it is a better city. I like that San Diego flies under the radar.

Indianapolis, IN or Chattanooga, TN?

Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 PM

491 posts, read 186,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Indianapolis, IN or Chattanooga, TN?
Chattanooga, TN

Sacramento, CA or Phoenix, AZ?

Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM

3,232 posts, read 1,417,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.In.California View Post
Chattanooga, TN

Sacramento, CA or Phoenix, AZ?
Phoenix. I think Phoenix has more to offer overall, prefer AZ to CA.

Buffalo, NY or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM

6,202 posts, read 6,860,089 times
Oh this one is not super obvious. I have a soft spot for Buffalo and other rebounding Rust Belt cities, and I really like the proximity to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Whereas, Milwaukee is mostly an after thought for me and I would just live in Chicago if I was in that region.

But, thinking about it all, I think I'd pick Milwaukee. It's very underrated and matches up very well with Buffalo cause it's weaknesses (for me) are basically the same as Buffalo and its strengths put it over the top.

Little Rock v Tulsa

Old 10-22-2018, 07:59 PM

1,004 posts, read 863,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Oh this one is not super obvious. I have a soft spot for Buffalo and other rebounding Rust Belt cities, and I really like the proximity to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Whereas, Milwaukee is mostly an after thought for me and I would just live in Chicago if I was in that region.

But, thinking about it all, I think I'd pick Milwaukee. It's very underrated and matches up very well with Buffalo cause it's weaknesses (for me) are basically the same as Buffalo and its strengths put it over the top.

Little Rock v Tulsa
Little Rock. It has prettier terrain & Oklahoma is just too hot in the summer.

Gainesville, Fla. or Athens, Ga.?

Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 AM

14,843 posts, read 4,742,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Little Rock. It has prettier terrain & Oklahoma is just too hot in the summer.

Gainesville, Fla. or Athens, Ga.?
Athens, GA

It's a nice college town near the north Georgia mountains and is only 70 miles from the Atlanta metro with its amenities and major international airport. Summer weather is hot in both cities, but is longer in Gainesville.

Gonzales, CA or Gonzales, LA?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:52 AM

3,232 posts, read 1,417,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Athens, GA

It's a nice college town near the north Georgia mountains and is only 70 miles from the Atlanta metro with its amenities and major international airport. Summer weather is hot in both cities, but is longer in Gainesville.

Gonzales, CA or Gonzales, LA?
I don't know anything about either town, but I'll go with Gonzales, CA. Prefer CA to LA.

Wilmington, NC or Portland, ME?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:19 AM

47,133 posts, read 45,027,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I don't know anything about either town, but I'll go with Gonzales, CA. Prefer CA to LA.

Wilmington, NC or Portland, ME?
Portland, Maine. I like snow.

Albuquerque, NM or El Paso,TX?

Old 10-23-2018, 01:06 PM

4,755 posts, read 2,301,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Portland, Maine. I like snow.

Albuquerque, NM or El Paso,TX?
This one's close. As are the two cities. It seems to me that El Paso is more a New Mexico city than a Texas one, especially given the great distance one must travel across largely uninhabited ranch land to get from El Paso to the next major city in Texas.

In terms of cucina frontera, I'd give Albuquerque the nod over El Paso; it seemed to me on my one visit that the New Mexican version of this was better than the El Paso version despite the latter being right across the river from Juarez.

On the other hand, El Paso is right across the river from Juarez, which means you can cross the border to get even better cucina frontera any time you want. And the mountains come right into the middle of the city, while the outskirts of Albuquerque only bump up against the foothills.

So I'll pick El Paso.

Newark, N.J., or Oakland, Calif.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or