U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 07:14 PM

5,066 posts, read 4,098,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Bangor. Beautiful area. Not far from the ocean.

Harrisburg, PA or Tulsa, OK?
Harrisburg. It is an underrated gem of a town. I like it's charm and proximity to Philly.

Baton Rouge, LA or Cedar Rapids, IA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 PM

7,596 posts, read 9,450,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Harrisburg. It is an underrated gem of a town. I like it's charm and proximity to Philly.

Baton Rouge, LA or Cedar Rapids, IA?
Cedar Rapids--more progressive, cooler weather, and not too far from Madison or Chicago.

Portland, ME or Raleigh, NC?

Old 10-24-2018, 11:48 PM

633 posts, read 254,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Cedar Rapids--more progressive, cooler weather, and not too far from Madison or Chicago.

Portland, ME or Raleigh, NC?
Raleigh. Lower cost of living, I like NC more than ME, & I like the action that Raleigh & the Research Triangle has been getting

Speaking of Raleigh vs Portland...
Portland, OR or Raleigh, NC?

Old 10-25-2018, 03:59 AM

1,005 posts, read 873,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Raleigh. Lower cost of living, I like NC more than ME, & I like the action that Raleigh & the Research Triangle has been getting

Speaking of Raleigh vs Portland...
Portland, OR or Raleigh, NC?
Portland, OR, for its beautiful landscape and livelier, more interesting downtown. I'd like the opportunity to live on the West Coast some day.

World Series matchup:

L.A. or Boston?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Portland, OR, for its beautiful landscape and livelier, more interesting downtown. I'd like the opportunity to live on the West Coast some day.

World Series matchup:

L.A. or Boston?
Both great series, but I'll go with L.A. While Boston does have it's benefits over LA(better transit, schools, traffic), I just feel like I'd like L.A.'s metro & culture more. I might also be a little biased since I've never been to Boston, but I get the feeling that it might feel a little provincial compared to other top U.S. cities.(Someone can feel free to chime in)

Amherst, MA or State College, PA?

Old 10-25-2018, 01:36 PM

7,596 posts, read 9,450,003 times
Quote:
Both great series, but I'll go with L.A. While Boston does have it's benefits over LA(better transit, schools, traffic), I just feel like I'd like L.A.'s metro & culture more. I might also be a little biased since I've never been to Boston, but I get the feeling that it might feel a little provincial compared to other top U.S. cities.(Someone can feel free to chime in)

Amherst, MA or State College, PA?
Amherst, MA---closer to Boston, NYC, and going north, Vermont.

Madison, WI or Boulder, CO?

Old 10-25-2018, 04:19 PM

3,597 posts, read 1,527,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Amherst, MA---closer to Boston, NYC, and going north, Vermont.

Madison, WI or Boulder, CO?
Wow. Though one. I'll go with Madison. More affordable and I love Lake Mendota in the middle of town. But I would've picked Boulder 5-10 years ago when it and the Denver metro was more affordable.

Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Wow. Though one. I'll go with Madison. More affordable and I love Lake Mendota in the middle of town. But I would've picked Boulder 5-10 years ago when it and the Denver metro was more affordable.

Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA?
I'd rather visit San Francisco & I like it's tech scene, but I choose Chicago for this one. Much better cost of living & San Francisco's cost of living is out of control.

Norfolk,VA or Richmond, VA?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:59 PM

3,597 posts, read 1,527,009 times
Quote:
I'd rather visit San Francisco & I like it's tech scene, but I choose Chicago for this one. Much better cost of living & San Francisco's cost of living is out of control.

Norfolk,VA or Richmond, VA?
Close one for me, but I'd go with Norfolk due to its proximity to the ocean.

Roanoke, VA or Boise, ID?

Old 10-25-2018, 10:06 PM

5,066 posts, read 4,098,178 times
Quote:
Close one for me, but I'd go with Norfolk due to its proximity to the ocean.

Roanoke, VA or Boise, ID?
I agree. Norfolk is best.

I would choose Boise, ID because the economy is better. I also like it's proximity to Washington state.

Knoxville, TN or Wheeling, WV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or