Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 10:50 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,853,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Two great choices but I'll take Ann Arbor. A great college town in close proximity to Detroit and relatives in NW Ohio.

In honor of a friend's new job announcement tonight, Rhinelander, WI or Gladstone, MI?
Gladstone... neither are really my cup of tea (too cold and isolated) but I like Gladstone's proximity to Escanaba and it's location on the bay.

Ely, NV or Alpine, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 03:45 PM

119 posts, read 139,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Gladstone... neither are really my cup of tea (too cold and isolated) but I like Gladstone's proximity to Escanaba and it's location on the bay.

Ely, NV or Alpine, TX?
Alpine, TX. Less in the middle-of-nowhere than Ely.

Los Angeles, TX or Weed, CA?

Old 11-04-2018, 12:17 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,188,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaBravoCharles View Post
Alpine, TX. Less in the middle-of-nowhere than Ely.

Los Angeles, TX or Weed, CA?
Weed, CA

Know a lot of people in CA, but only 1 person in TX and am much more familiar with northern CA than southern TX. Weed, CA is very small (pop 2,700) but Los Angeles, TX is tiny (pop 20). Would also not want to deal with the severe heat of south TX summers. Weed is near the beautiful Mt. and Lake Shasta area. Ashland, OR is about 1 hour north. Redding, CA is about 1 hour south.

Cheyenne, WY or Rapid City, SD?

Old 11-04-2018, 04:54 AM

10,739 posts, read 23,783,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Weed, CA

Know a lot of people in CA, but only 1 person in TX and am much more familiar with northern CA than southern TX. Weed, CA is very small (pop 2,700) but Los Angeles, TX is tiny (pop 20). Would also not want to deal with the severe heat of south TX summers. Weed is near the beautiful Mt. and Lake Shasta area. Ashland, OR is about 1 hour north. Redding, CA is about 1 hour south.

Cheyenne, WY or Rapid City, SD?
Rapid City. Only reason I'd choose Cheyenne is its proximity to Denver, otherwise Rapid City is a more interesting place and the nearby Black Hills are beautiful.

Taos, NM or Las Cruces, NM?

Old 11-04-2018, 05:45 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,502,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Rapid City. Only reason I'd choose Cheyenne is its proximity to Denver, otherwise Rapid City is a more interesting place and the nearby Black Hills are beautiful.

Taos, NM or Las Cruces, NM?
Both are nice, but I'd choose Las Cruces. More affordable and ranked as one of the top retirement areas in the country.

Charlotte, NC or Raleigh, NC?

Old 11-04-2018, 08:03 AM

9,677 posts, read 9,362,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Both are nice, but I'd choose Las Cruces. More affordable and ranked as one of the top retirement areas in the country.

Charlotte, NC or Raleigh, NC?
Definitely Raleigh. I like Raleigh's appeal to my generation, and it's affordability. Raleigh is often overlooked because it doesn't have the big city vibe of peers, but it is a very nice place.

Nashville, TN or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 11-04-2018, 08:23 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,233,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Definitely Raleigh. I like Raleigh's appeal to my generation, and it's affordability. Raleigh is often overlooked because it doesn't have the big city vibe of peers, but it is a very nice place.

Nashville, TN or Cincinnati, OH?
Two very good cities. Nashville for me. Clearly a city on the rise. Great nightlife, a bustling and fast-growing downtown, plenty of interesting neighborhoods. Fantastic music town.

Washington, D.C. or Philadelphia, PA.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:56 PM

14,131 posts, read 9,017,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Two very good cities. Nashville for me. Clearly a city on the rise. Great nightlife, a bustling and fast-growing downtown, plenty of interesting neighborhoods. Fantastic music town.

Washington, D.C. or Philadelphia, PA.
I've already chosen on that one, and my exposure to the culture and attitude of Official Washington (there is another Washington out there, but it gets drowned in the propwash of self-importance flowing from the other one) both before and since visiting there frequently only further convinces me of the wisdom of my choice. One is a real city full of real people. The other is a company town whose company just happens to be the Federal Government.

You'll find my answer in the location section of the header of every post I write. (There's also a Germantown in the exurbs of Washington, in Maryland. No comparison between the two.)

Atlanta or New Orleans?

Old 11-04-2018, 01:11 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,446,351 times
Atlanta. I first visited there in 1983 one summer for 6 weeks and had a blast. Yes, I was young - but i could see myself living there. NOLA? Not so much.

Aspen, CO or Jackson Hole, WY

Old 11-04-2018, 03:25 PM

754 posts, read 568,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Atlanta. I first visited there in 1983 one summer for 6 weeks and had a blast. Yes, I was young - but i could see myself living there. NOLA? Not so much.

Aspen, CO or Jackson Hole, WY
Aspen because I like Colorado more than Wyoming, plus it’s closer to major cities(for a vacation flight).

Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City