U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-10-2018, 02:50 PM
 
17,536 posts, read 3,980,468 times
Reputation: 5492

Advertisements

Corpus cuz its in Texas

Cleveland,Ohio or Ann Arbor, Michigan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:07 PM
 
3,422 posts, read 1,464,807 times
Reputation: 2882
Cleveland. I have a soft spot of Cleveland and the Cleveland/Akron area in general. Ann Arbor is a nice college town with Detroit nearby. But I'll have to go with Cleveland this time.

St. Augustine, FL or Savannah, GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2018, 11:09 PM
 
Location: northern Vermont - previously NM, WA, & MA
9,394 posts, read 18,234,823 times
Reputation: 11860
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Cleveland. I have a soft spot of Cleveland and the Cleveland/Akron area in general. Ann Arbor is a nice college town with Detroit nearby. But I'll have to go with Cleveland this time.

St. Augustine, FL or Savannah, GA?
Savannah, kicked up a notch with more to do.

Tucson, AZ or Flagstaff, AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
4,844 posts, read 2,355,772 times
Reputation: 3047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Savannah, kicked up a notch with more to do.

Tucson, AZ or Flagstaff, AZ?
Flagstaff. Yes, it's smaller, but I'd like to experience the phenomenon of living in a community in Arizona that has winter.

(Savannah is way cool, btw.)

Osage Beach, Mo., or Watkins Glen, N.Y.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 07:27 AM
 
3,422 posts, read 1,464,807 times
Reputation: 2882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Savannah, kicked up a notch with more to do.

Tucson, AZ or Flagstaff, AZ?
Tucson. Bigger, more to do.

Rochester, NY or Grand Rapids, MI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
4,844 posts, read 2,355,772 times
Reputation: 3047
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Tucson. Bigger, more to do.

Rochester, NY or Grand Rapids, MI?
Rochester. More tech history and it had a subway once upon a time. Not to mention that it's the birthplace and home town of Wegmans.

Reuniting the split thread (and it was interesting that we posted opposite answers at the same time):

Osage Beach, Mo., or Watkins Glen, N.Y.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 AM
 
7,556 posts, read 9,406,543 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Rochester. More tech history and it had a subway once upon a time. Not to mention that it's the birthplace and home town of Wegmans.

Reuniting the split thread (and it was interesting that we posted opposite answers at the same time):

Osage Beach, Mo., or Watkins Glen, N.Y.?
I know nothing about either one, but I'll take Watkins Glen because it's in NY..

Pittsburgh or Columbus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 AM
 
Location: northern Vermont - previously NM, WA, & MA
9,394 posts, read 18,234,823 times
Reputation: 11860
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I know nothing about either one, but I'll take Watkins Glen because it's in NY..

Pittsburgh or Columbus?
Pittsburgh seems more interesting, fun, and scenic.

Juneau, AK or Ketchikan, AK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 09:41 AM
 
408 posts, read 152,857 times
Reputation: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Pittsburgh seems more interesting, fun, and scenic.

Juneau, AK or Ketchikan, AK?
Juneau. Slightly more civilization.

Burlingame, CA or Alpharetta, GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 04:15 PM
 
3,422 posts, read 1,464,807 times
Reputation: 2882
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
Juneau. Slightly more civilization.

Burlingame, CA or Alpharetta, GA?
Alpharetta across the board. Light years more affordable and would much rather be near Atlanta than San Francisco.

Phoenix, AZ or Kansas City, MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top