Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 08:29 AM

485 posts, read 324,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Craig, CO or Jerome, ID?
Craig, CO ~ I much prefer Colorado over Idaho.

Los Angeles, CA or San Diego, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
I am going with LA. This is somewhat of a tossup for me, due to my lack of familiarity with SD. I have been twice, and actually spent 5 days there last year, but I still know LA so much better and so I have to lean towards LA. As it is, it is simply too large to ignore and is in my top 5 to live in the US. If I knew SD better that could change, but I don't.

Greenville, SC vs Northwest Arkansas

Old 11-29-2018, 09:40 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I am going with LA. This is somewhat of a tossup for me, due to my lack of familiarity with SD. I have been twice, and actually spent 5 days there last year, but I still know LA so much better and so I have to lean towards LA. As it is, it is simply too large to ignore and is in my top 5 to live in the US. If I knew SD better that could change, but I don't.

Greenville, SC vs Northwest Arkansas
Greenville for its appealing downtown, dynamism and proximity to the Appalachians, Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville and the Atlantic Coast.

Georgetown, SC vs St. Marys/Kingsland, GA

Old 11-29-2018, 08:24 PM

2,543 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Greenville for its appealing downtown, dynamism and proximity to the Appalachians, Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville and the Atlantic Coast.

Georgetown, SC vs St. Marys/Kingsland, GA
St. Mary's/Kingsland... Mainly because I've driven through Georgetown before and was not impressed. St. Mary's/Kingsland is a more populated area and its only a half hour from Jacksonville which is a plus.

Tallahassee, FL or Knoxville, TN?

Old 11-29-2018, 08:54 PM

256 posts, read 151,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
St. Mary's/Kingsland... Mainly because I've driven through Georgetown before and was not impressed. St. Mary's/Kingsland is a more populated area and its only a half hour from Jacksonville which is a plus.

Tallahassee, FL or Knoxville, TN?
Knoxville, TN. Never been to either city but Tennessee is by far my favorite state that I've visited.

Fort Payne, AL or Asheville, NC?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:59 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Knoxville, TN. Never been to either city but Tennessee is by far my favorite state that I've visited.

Fort Payne, AL or Asheville, NC?
Asheville, NC

Both are in scenic areas, but Asheville is a much larger city with more to do.

Ohio State plays Northwestern in college football for the Big 10 championship on Saturday (or is it Big 14 now )...

Columbus, OH or Evanston, IL?

Old 11-30-2018, 03:52 AM

14,177 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Asheville, NC

Both are in scenic areas, but Asheville is a much larger city with more to do.

Ohio State plays Northwestern in college football for the Big 10 championship on Saturday (or is it Big 14 now )...

Columbus, OH or Evanston, IL?
The conference AFAIK never changed its name, but its logo simply refers to it as the "B1G". The 1 and G are in a different color, and the block typeface is such that the G can be read as a 0.

Evanston. Columbus is surprisingly lively for a city its size, but besides being pretty attractive in its own right, Evanston is just an 'L' ride away from the Loop, Boys Town and everything else Chicago has to offer.

University City, Mo., or the University City section of Philadelphia?

Old 11-30-2018, 07:31 AM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The conference AFAIK never changed its name, but its logo simply refers to it as the "B1G". The 1 and G are in a different color, and the block typeface is such that the G can be read as a 0.

Evanston. Columbus is surprisingly lively for a city its size, but besides being pretty attractive in its own right, Evanston is just an 'L' ride away from the Loop, Boys Town and everything else Chicago has to offer.

University City, Mo., or the University City section of Philadelphia?
University City Philly.

Mt. Juliet, TN or Mooresville, NC?

Old 11-30-2018, 07:45 AM

644 posts, read 1,019,055 times
Mt. Juliet, TN - I like Nashville a little bit more than Charlotte.

Bainbridge Island, WA or Staten Island, NY

Old 11-30-2018, 10:08 AM

755 posts, read 570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieIndy View Post
Mt. Juliet, TN - I like Nashville a little bit more than Charlotte.

Bainbridge Island, WA or Staten Island, NY
Staten Island. I like the area around it more overall & it's access to the other NYC Bouroughs & Northern Jersey.

Chula Vista, CA or Hialeah, FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City