U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM

3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
LA. As a northern Ohio kid I never cared for southern Ohio.

Daytona Beach or Fort Walton Beach?
Daytona, by the slightest of margins. I like FWB better as a city, but like Daytona's location near Orlando, St. Augustine, and the Space Coast better.

Atlanta, GA and Milwaukee, WI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 11:56 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,272,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Daytona, by the slightest of margins. I like FWB better as a city, but like Daytona's location near Orlando, St. Augustine, and the Space Coast better.

Atlanta, GA and Milwaukee, WI?
Milwaukee. I did Atlanta before and never again will I make that mistake.

Louisville, KY or Scranton, PA?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 PM

5,070 posts, read 4,101,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Milwaukee. I did Atlanta before and never again will I make that mistake.

Louisville, KY or Scranton, PA?
Louisville, KY without a doubt.

Winston Salem, NC or Arlington, TX?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:36 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,510,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Louisville, KY without a doubt.

Winston Salem, NC or Arlington, TX?
WS. Sorry, Tim (my father-in-law in Arlington). I'll come visit (briefly) in the winter but I will never live there.

Cincinnati or Cleveland?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
WS. Sorry, Tim (my father-in-law in Arlington). I'll come visit (briefly) in the winter but I will never live there.

Cincinnati or Cleveland?
Cincinnati. I like Cleveland, but feel Cincinnati has more to offer overall for me.

Asheville, NC or Spokane, WA?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:17 PM

964 posts, read 1,558,869 times
Quote:
Cincinnati. I like Cleveland, but feel Cincinnati has more to offer overall for me.

Asheville, NC or Spokane, WA?
Asheville... Both are desirable cities but Asheville gets the edge for being warmer, having more culture (imo) and for being located in a less desolate region.

Dothan, AL or Lawton, OK?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Asheville... Both are desirable cities but Asheville gets the edge for being warmer, having more culture (imo) and for being located in a less desolate region.

Dothan, AL or Lawton, OK?
Dothan, only because it's closer to beaches.

Pittsburgh, PA or Oakland, CA?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:37 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,972,968 times
Yikes! I am swinging half-blind on this one but I'm gonna say Oakland. I actually do like Pittsburgh quite a bit but the Bay area is in my top 3 in the US so it's hard to pick against it. That said, I have spent, quite literally minutes in Oakland. I have only ever passed through and seen it from the car or from afar. So I'm just assuming I would find areas I like, but that's not a huge assumption.

DC vs Chicago

Old 12-11-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Yikes! I am swinging half-blind on this one but I'm gonna say Oakland. I actually do like Pittsburgh quite a bit but the Bay area is in my top 3 in the US so it's hard to pick against it. That said, I have spent, quite literally minutes in Oakland. I have only ever passed through and seen it from the car or from afar. So I'm just assuming I would find areas I like, but that's not a huge assumption.

DC vs Chicago
Chicago. It's one of my favorite cities anywhere. I love DC, but the COL is just too darn high. Chicago's COL is relatively low, yet has all of the world class city amenities.

Harrisburg, PA or Des Moines, IA?.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:54 PM

4,962 posts, read 2,415,287 times
Quote:
Chicago. It's one of my favorite cities anywhere. I love DC, but the COL is just too darn high. Chicago's COL is relatively low, yet has all of the world class city amenities.

Harrisburg, PA or Des Moines, IA?.
Harrisburg looks bigger than it is, and its riverfront is very nice. It also has a grand state capitol building, more ornate than Iowa's, featuring murals by a pioneering woman artist, Violet Oakley, in its Senate chamber. But that's got little to do with QOL, and I think that's higher in Des Moines.

Aside on a previous pairing: Gertrude Stein's famous phrase, "There's no there there," was written about her childhood home, which had vanished on a subsequent visit. That place is erroneously identified as Oakland, Calif. It's actually the Pittsburgh neighborhood of the same name.

Eighty Four, Pa., or Ninety Six, Tenn.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or