U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 10:42 AM

615 posts, read 248,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Prescott, AZ. Being at a 5K ft elevation gives it superior weather and scenery. Id rather drive the extra hour or so and be at the beaches of Southern California than the Gulf as well. I can see how being between Austin and Dallas is a plus for many with Waco.

Minneapolis, MN or Detroit, MI?
Minneapolis. In better shape overall. I think Detroit is a little underrated metrowise, but city-wise I definitely prefer Minneapolis.

Miami, FL, or Minneapolis, MN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 10:48 AM

4,174 posts, read 2,466,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Minneapolis. In better shape overall. I think Detroit is a little underrated metrowise, but city-wise I definitely prefer Minneapolis.

Miami, FL, or Minneapolis, MN?
Minneapolis. For an infinite amount of reasons.

Salt Lake City or Chicago?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,483,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Minneapolis. For an infinite amount of reasons.

Salt Lake City or Chicago?
Chicago. I like both a lot, but Chicago offers so much more by its sheer size and is still relatively affordable to boot.

Charlotte, NC or Portland, OR?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:38 PM

4,986 posts, read 4,043,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Chicago. I like both a lot, but Chicago offers so much more by its sheer size and is still relatively affordable to boot.

Charlotte, NC or Portland, OR?
Charlotte because it is a larger city with more job opportunities, and in a better location.

Nashville, TN or Indianapolis, IN?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM

1,201 posts, read 593,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Charlotte because it is a larger city with more job opportunities, and in a better location.

Nashville, TN or Indianapolis, IN?
Nashville. Ive always wanted to visit.

San Francisco vs Seattle

Old 12-12-2018, 04:15 PM

6,291 posts, read 6,929,556 times
Hmm, I give this answer a lot but this is probably the most true in this case than it has ever been...and that is that I really really really like Seattle a lot, but SF wins cause it's arguably my family's number one choice in the US. Seattle would win almost any matchup, but not this one.

How about one of those...

Seattle v Boston

Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 PM

3,474 posts, read 1,483,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Hmm, I give this answer a lot but this is probably the most true in this case than it has ever been...and that is that I really really really like Seattle a lot, but SF wins cause it's arguably my family's number one choice in the US. Seattle would win almost any matchup, but not this one.

How about one of those...

Seattle v Boston
Boston. My wife's Aunt lives in Seattle and wants to come back to Boston. We lived in the Boston/Cape Cod area for a short time and enjoyed it. Both areas are really expensive, so that cancels each other out. I would die in Seattle's cloudy, wet, dank climate. Prefer Boston's climate a good bit more. The homelessness and tent cities are just abysmal in Seattle. Love Boston's history and charm. I find Boston friendlier than the "Seattle Freeze" that I experienced. Between the two, I would choose Boston without hesitation.

Buffalo, NY or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:40 PM

209 posts, read 39,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Boston. My wife's Aunt lives in Seattle and wants to come back to Boston. We lived in the Boston/Cape Cod area for a short time and enjoyed it. Both areas are really expensive, so that cancels each other out. I would die in Seattle's cloudy, wet, dank climate. Prefer Boston's climate a good bit more. The homelessness and tent cities are just abysmal in Seattle. Love Boston's history and charm. I find Boston friendlier than the "Seattle Freeze" that I experienced. Between the two, I would choose Boston without hesitation.

Buffalo, NY or Milwaukee, WI?
Really hard choice. I'll have to say Buffalo though.

Pittsburgh, PA or Baltimore, MD?

Old 12-13-2018, 12:11 AM

1,004 posts, read 869,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Really hard choice. I'll have to say Buffalo though.

Pittsburgh, PA or Baltimore, MD?
I lived in Pittsburgh at one time - pretty good city. But I'll go with Baltimore. It's more interesting, more historic, with a nice harbor and access to the ocean.

Portland, OR or San Diego, CA?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 AM

1,201 posts, read 593,368 times
San Diego. All things being equal I’d love to live in San Diego.

Baltimore vs Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or