U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 12:51 PM

3,232 posts, read 1,416,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I'd choose St. Louis for the Gooey Butter Cake.

Albuquerque or Colorado Springs?
Co Spr. I like both metros, so this was close.

Scranton, PA or Duluth, MN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 01:12 PM

3,900 posts, read 3,413,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
hehe. Sorry I do not intend to be mean in any way with this post, it's just really funny how I keep noticing you asking about the same city pairs. Here is another example. And I think that I remember them because, somehow, I am usually the one answering you the first time and when I see it asked again it's deja vu. This was my answer last time.

Of course, assuming you would rather have someone else's opinion I will repost the same cities for ya

Boston or Seattle?
We are up to almost 7,000 posts in this thread, redundancies in comparing (over and over and over and over again) are inevitable. Instead of pointing out that someone picks the same comparison please just continue the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Co Spr. I like both metros, so this was close.

Scranton, PA or Duluth, MN?
I don't know much about Scranton. I've been to Duluth and it's a cool city, but I think I'll take Scranton for less isolation, and less of the biting cold.

Downtown Detroit, or Downtown Cleveland?

Old 12-24-2018, 01:37 PM

5,559 posts, read 6,005,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
We are up to almost 7,000 posts in this thread, redundancies in comparing (over and over and over and over again) are inevitable. Instead of pointing out that someone picks the same comparison please just continue the game.

I don't know much about Scranton. I've been to Duluth and it's a cool city, but I think I'll take Scranton for less isolation, and less of the biting cold.

Downtown Detroit for potential and awesome population. (Cleveland is awesome too).

San Francisco or Kansas City

Old 12-24-2018, 01:43 PM

6,200 posts, read 6,857,998 times
Quote:
We are at almost 7000 posts in this thread, I think it's interesting that despite that incredibly large number, I have noticed half a dozen repeats by the same poster, with me being the one who responded. You don't have to find it interesting, and you can delete my post if you like, but instead of telling me to continue the game when that is already what I did, you could have a sense of humor.

There is no criticism or negativity intended in my post to march2, I just found it interesting.

Quote:
Downtown Detroit for sure. I have limited experience in both, but Detroit has more potential due to a much larger current and historical population. Revitalization has been robust and ought to be able to continue with equal or greater momentum. Plus more international influence which is a key factor for me. (Including the ethnic neighborhoods across the border in Windsor)

Lima, OH v Panama City, FL

Old 12-24-2018, 01:45 PM

6,200 posts, read 6,857,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Downtown Detroit for potential and awesome population. (Cleveland is awesome too).

San Francisco or Kansas City
Whoops you beat me to it. Sorry KC but this is SF in a landslide. KC is a nice enough place for sure, but SF is one of my top choices period. Ok now:

Panama City, FL v Lima, OH

Old 12-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
We are at almost 7000 posts in this thread, I think it's interesting that despite that incredibly large number, I have noticed half a dozen repeats by the same poster, with me being the one who responded. You don't have to find it interesting, and you can delete my post if you like, but instead of telling me to continue the game when that is already what I did, you could have a sense of humor.

There is no criticism or negativity intended in my post to march2, I just found it interesting.

Downtown Detroit for sure. I have limited experience in both, but Detroit has more potential due to a much larger current and historical population. Revitalization has been robust and ought to be able to continue with equal or greater momentum. Plus more international influence which is a key factor for me. (Including the ethnic neighborhoods across the border in Windsor)

Lima, OH v Panama City, FL
Quote:
Whoops you beat me to it. Sorry KC but this is SF in a landslide. KC is a nice enough place for sure, but SF is one of my top choices period. Ok now:

Panama City, FL v Lima, OH
No worries, projectamimus. No negativity was taken whatsoever

Panama City. Love the Gulf Coast beaches.

St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?

Old 12-24-2018, 03:56 PM

3,900 posts, read 3,413,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
No worries, projectamimus. No negativity was taken whatsoever

Panama City. Love the Gulf Coast beaches.

St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?
Sorry guys may have misread a couple posts, I get to used to keeping things on track I forget to read with context at times.

I was born and raised 20 miles from St. Paul. It's a great city, but I'm going to have to go with St. Pete here. It's an underated city with a great vibe IMO.

East Cleveland IL, or Highland Park MI?

Old 12-24-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry guys may have misread a couple posts, I get to used to keeping things on track I forget to read with context at times.

I was born and raised 20 miles from St. Paul. It's a great city, but I'm going to have to go with St. Pete here. It's an underated city with a great vibe IMO.

East Cleveland IL, or Highland Park MI?
Highland Park. Visited a friend there once and thought it was great nice.

Columbia, MO or Columbia, SC?

Old 12-24-2018, 04:06 PM

17,341 posts, read 3,889,985 times
Columbia,SC cuz its in the South

El Paso, Texas or Corpus Christi, Texas?

Old 12-24-2018, 04:12 PM

3,037 posts, read 1,456,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Columbia,SC cuz its in the South

El Paso, Texas or Corpus Christi, Texas?
Neither cause it's not in the North.....

But I chose Corpus Christi. Because I love beaches and it is more tropical then the rest of Texas.

Harrisburg, PA or Springfield ,IL

Both State Capitols
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or