U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 PM
 
Location: northern Vermont - previously NM, WA, & MA
9,354 posts, read 18,128,323 times
Reputation: 11811

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Well, there's a weird comparison. Cumming for its proximity to civilization.

Oxford, MI or Oxford, OH?
Oxford, MI for closer lake access.

Oxford, MA or Oxford, MS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2019, 10:07 PM
 
17,303 posts, read 3,876,524 times
Reputation: 5348
Oxford MS cuz its in the South

Dallas, Texas or Miami,FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
22,482 posts, read 34,598,622 times
Reputation: 14533
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Oxford MS cuz its in the South

Dallas, Texas or Miami,FL?
Dallas, a much more livable city.

Austin, TX or Nashville, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Central Jersey/NYC Metro
591 posts, read 239,217 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Dallas, a much more livable city.

Austin, TX or Nashville, TN?
Austin, I prefer Texas & it has better jobs in my industry.

Binghamton, NY or Utica, NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 07:55 AM
 
870 posts, read 1,525,929 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Austin, I prefer Texas & it has better jobs in my industry.

Binghamton, NY or Utica, NY?
Binghamton... Nicer overall city (in my opinion), home to a major state university, fairly central location with respect to the rest of New York state.

Another in-state battle:

Lima, OH or Zanesville, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Aurora, Colorado
5,429 posts, read 8,056,566 times
Reputation: 4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Binghamton... Nicer overall city (in my opinion), home to a major state university, fairly central location with respect to the rest of New York state.

Another in-state battle:

Lima, OH or Zanesville, OH?
I've never heard of either until now, but from what I can tell Zanesville is in a much more scenic part of the state. I'll go with that.

St. Paul, MN or Tacoma, WA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
4,736 posts, read 2,289,557 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I've never heard of either until now, but from what I can tell Zanesville is in a much more scenic part of the state. I'll go with that.

St. Paul, MN or Tacoma, WA
I've been to Seattle but not Tacoma, and I have set foot in St. Paul. I'd probably pick Minneapolis over St. Paul and Seattle over Tacoma, but given this choice, I'd say Tacoma because of its setting. The Puget Sound area is very attractive.

Blue Ball, Pa., or Intercourse, Pa.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,004 posts, read 862,410 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I've been to Seattle but not Tacoma, and I have set foot in St. Paul. I'd probably pick Minneapolis over St. Paul and Seattle over Tacoma, but given this choice, I'd say Tacoma because of its setting. The Puget Sound area is very attractive.

Blue Ball, Pa., or Intercourse, Pa.?
LOL, I prefer Intercourse, PA.

Boise, ID or Greenville SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2019, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Brew City
3,951 posts, read 2,366,155 times
Reputation: 5203
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
LOL, I prefer Intercourse, PA.

Boise, ID or Greenville SC?
I'm guessing I'd answer different on any given day but today I think I'll go with Greenville. Both are good options but today I don't miss the dryness of the west.

Fort Smith, AR or Abilene, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2019, 08:12 AM
 
870 posts, read 1,525,929 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'm guessing I'd answer different on any given day but today I think I'll go with Greenville. Both are good options but today I don't miss the dryness of the west.

Fort Smith, AR or Abilene, TX?
Fort Smith... Larger metro and just seems to have more going on within a few hours of it. Abilene seems a little too isolated and "West Texas" for me.

Johnstown, PA or Johnstown, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top