U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 07:07 PM

1,259 posts, read 808,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Troudale! The proximity to Portland would be nice. It is in a much more physically beautiful and politically progressive state. Not to mention those Texas summers...

Albuquerque, NM or Pittsburgh, PA?
Ooooh, now that's a good one. Even though it's close, I'd say Albuquerque because y'know, dry heat.

Evansville, IN vs. Asheville, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 07:10 PM

82 posts, read 105,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Ooooh, now that's a good one. Even though it's close, I'd say Albuquerque because y'know, dry heat.

Evansville, IN vs. Asheville, NC
Oh my Asheville, NC by a mile. Much prettier. And Evansville is a glorified version of my humble home town Terre Haute, IN (which I love)

Champaign-Urbana IL vs Bloomington-Normal IL

Old 06-02-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
Oh my Asheville, NC by a mile. Much prettier. And Evansville is a glorified version of my humble home town Terre Haute, IN (which I love)

Champaign-Urbana IL vs Bloomington-Normal IL
Champaign, as the downtown of Champaign and Campustown are significantly better than that in Blo-No. Also, in my experience the streets are much more well maintained in Champaign. ISU is nice but UIUC is miles upon miles better.

Savannah, GA or Corpus Christi, TX?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 PM

1,566 posts, read 748,656 times
Quote:
Champaign, as the downtown of Champaign and Campustown are significantly better than that in Blo-No. Also, in my experience the streets are much more well maintained in Champaign. ISU is nice but UIUC is miles upon miles better.

Savannah has far more luxuriant vegetation and much more of a culturally rich, vibrant urban core than Corpus Christi. This is an easy choice from my perspective.

Toledo, OH or Pueblo, CO?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:13 PM

4,970 posts, read 2,419,915 times
Quote:

That's a close one - again. And again, I'm going to pick the one with a higher charm score, Savannah.

And one of the following two communities, IMO, is in danger of choking on its own preciousness. See if you can read my mind and guess which one:

Annapolis, Md., or Princeton, N.J.?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:17 PM

4,970 posts, read 2,419,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Savannah has far more luxuriant vegetation and much more of a culturally rich, vibrant urban core than Corpus Christi. This is an easy choice from my perspective.

Toledo, OH or Pueblo, CO?
I see I waited a bit too long before posting - was looking at photos of Corpus to make sure I had the charm factor right (I did).

I think this one's an easy choice: Pueblo. I think the Rockies might just edge out Lake Erie for scenic value.

Now, back to the two I'd put forth above: two charming communities, one of them I hold up as a textbook example of what I call "terminal charm":

Annapolis, Md., or Princeton, N.J.?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:21 PM

1,579 posts, read 582,546 times
Annapolis, MD. We are a Navy family, so it appeals to me a little more. Although both communities have beautiful historic architecture.

Branson, MO or Lexington, KY?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:26 PM

967 posts, read 1,560,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Annapolis, MD. We are a Navy family, so it appeals to me a little more. Although both communities have beautiful historic architecture.

Branson, MO or Lexington, KY?
Lexington... larger, more opportunities, better proximity to other major metro areas. Would rather vacation in Branson though.

Carson City, NV or Cheyenne, WY?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Lexington... larger, more opportunities, better proximity to other major metro areas. Would rather vacation in Branson though.

Carson City, NV or Cheyenne, WY?
Carson City, it's warmer and close to California, as well as Vegas. Cheyenne is nicer too and is obviously closer to Denver, but I guess you're just closer regionally to more in CS.

Aurora, CO vs Aurora, IL?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:45 PM

774 posts, read 474,882 times
Quote:
Carson City, it's warmer and close to California, as well as Vegas. Cheyenne is nicer too and is obviously closer to Denver, but I guess you're just closer regionally to more in CS.

Aurora, CO vs Aurora, IL?
Aurora, CO. Chicago beats the hell out of Denver but the rocky mountains and mild climate of the Front Range more than make up for that.

Alpine, TX vs. Athens, OH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or