Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Burlington, small city but still loaded with good amenities and lots to do, love the Lake Champlain bikeway and waterfront, very vibrant downtown and beautiful area that's close to Montreal. Fortunately it's only a 1/2 hour away, here to stay.

Old Orchard Beach, ME or North Conway, NH?
OOB, due to its coastal location.

St. Louis, MO or Cleveland, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
OOB, due to its coastal location.

St. Louis, MO or Cleveland, OH?
I could take either. The only thing that makes me nervous about Cleveland is it's proximity to family. We like to keep a little more of a buffer. But it ultimately wins out.

Walla Walla, WA or Grand Junction, CO?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I could take either. The only thing that makes me nervous about Cleveland is it's proximity to family. We like to keep a little more of a buffer. But it ultimately wins out.

Walla Walla, WA or Grand Junction, CO?
Both are very isolated but Walla Walla is a bit closer to civilization.

Richmond, VA or Columbus, OH

Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,863,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Both are very isolated but Walla Walla is a bit closer to civilization.

Richmond, VA or Columbus, OH
As much as I grew up despising Columbus as a U of Michigan fan, I would choose it over Richmond in this scenario. It's larger, has more exciting urban neighborhoods (from my point of view), and is in a convenient location for me to connect with friends and family dispersed throughout the rest of Ohio.

Aberdeen, SD or Kalispell, MT?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
As much as I grew up despising Columbus as a U of Michigan fan, I would choose it over Richmond in this scenario. It's larger, has more exciting urban neighborhoods (from my point of view), and is in a convenient location for me to connect with friends and family dispersed throughout the rest of Ohio.

Aberdeen, SD or Kalispell, MT?
I've never been the biggest fan of Kalispell but I don't want to live in the SD plains. At least I could go to Whitefish.

South Bend, IN or State College, PA?

Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I've never been the biggest fan of Kalispell but I don't want to live in the SD plains. At least I could go to Whitefish.

South Bend, IN or State College, PA?
South Bend. Larger, more established city. Close to Chicago and Indy.

Louisville, KY or Oklahoma City, OK?

Old 06-11-2019, 04:53 PM

256 posts, read 150,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
South Bend. Larger, more established city. Close to Chicago and Indy.

Louisville, KY or Oklahoma City, OK?
Louisville. I don't feel very keen on living in Kentucky, but I'd rather live outside of tornado alley and Louisville has a much better location in relation to friends.

Sierra Vista, AZ vs Durango, CO?

Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Louisville. I don't feel very keen on living in Kentucky, but I'd rather live outside of tornado alley and Louisville has a much better location in relation to friends.

Sierra Vista, AZ vs Durango, CO?
Durango, CO for a lot of reasons.

Kansas City, MO vs. Omaha, NE

Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 PM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Durango, CO for a lot of reasons.

Kansas City, MO vs. Omaha, NE
My mom was born in Omaha and grew up in a small town in northeast Kansas. She was a Jayhawk who married into a family who took some pride in being Missourians since the state was a territory. (Yes, Some Of These Ancestors Were White.)

They didn't move back to Omaha, and while it's nicer than many might believe (Warren Buffett sure does okay living there), I wouldn't either. Kansas City for sure.

Liberty, Mo., or Miami's Liberty City neighborhood?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:10 PM

755 posts, read 570,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
My mom was born in Omaha and grew up in a small town in northeast Kansas. She was a Jayhawk who married into a family who took some pride in being Missourians since the state was a territory. (Yes, Some Of These Ancestors Were White.)

They didn't move back to Omaha, and while it's nicer than many might believe (Warren Buffett sure does okay living there), I wouldn't either. Kansas City for sure.

Liberty, Mo., or Miami's Liberty City neighborhood?
Liberty, MO. Even though I much prefer Miami over Kansas City, Liberty/Model City is one of the poorer and more crime-ridden areas of Miami. Therefore I'd rather live in Liberty, MO(safer and probably lower cost of living) and commute to Kansas City. If I could choose wherever I wanted in the Miami/Miami metro area than I would've said Miami hands down. Good question.

San Andreas, CA(the small city, not the fault line) or Liberty City, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City