U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 04:19 PM
mlb

3,184 posts, read 2,858,918 times

Advertisements

KCMO...... will never set foot near THE Ohio State University.

#BadgerFan

Taos, NM or Flagstaff, AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 05:21 PM

774 posts, read 474,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
KCMO...... will never set foot near THE Ohio State University.

#BadgerFan

Taos, NM or Flagstaff, AZ
Go Buckeyes!

Flagstaff, AZ because it's closer to a bunch of national parks, the state of California and has a much larger population 6,000 vs. 72,000

Rochester, NY vs. Fayetteville, AR

Old 06-12-2019, 06:02 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,533,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Go Buckeyes!

Flagstaff, AZ because it's closer to a bunch of national parks, the state of California and has a much larger population 6,000 vs. 72,000

Rochester, NY vs. Fayetteville, AR
Fayetteville. I love this little metro. Nice economy, beautiful scenery, low COL, nice people, and great climate. I really like Rochester too, but gotta go with Fayetteville here.

Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?

Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 PM

9,434 posts, read 18,343,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Fayetteville. I love this little metro. Nice economy, beautiful scenery, low COL, nice people, and great climate. I really like Rochester too, but gotta go with Fayetteville here.

Charleston, SC or Madison, WI?
I pick Madison. I do very much enjoy visiting Charleston but would feel out of my element living there. Madison seems to have a nice quality of life, I dig that its built on an isthmus between two lakes and is pretty well located near Chicago.

Rochester, NH or Rochester, MN?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:10 PM

634 posts, read 254,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I pick Madison. I do very much enjoy visiting Charleston but would feel out of my element living there. Madison seems to have a nice quality of life, I dig that its built on an isthmus between two lakes and is pretty well located near Chicago.

Rochester, NH or Rochester, MN?
Rochester, MN. Under 2 hrs from The Twin Cities and lower cost of living. While Rochester NH is under 2 hrs from Boston & I prefer Boston as a city, it's pricey. I don't necessarily have a preference of living in New England vs Great Lakes/Upper Midwest.

Maple Valley, WA or Summit, NJ?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:30 PM

967 posts, read 1,560,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Rochester, MN. Under 2 hrs from The Twin Cities and lower cost of living. While Rochester NH is under 2 hrs from Boston & I prefer Boston as a city, it's pricey. I don't necessarily have a preference of living in New England vs Great Lakes/Upper Midwest.

Maple Valley, WA or Summit, NJ?
Both seem like nice places... think this one comes down to a regional preference and I'd prefer the proximity to NYC over Seattle so Summit it is.

Cumberland, MD or Danville, KY?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 PM

9,434 posts, read 18,343,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Both seem like nice places... think this one comes down to a regional preference and I'd prefer the proximity to NYC over Seattle so Summit it is.

Cumberland, MD or Danville, KY?
Cumberland, very scenic part of MD.

Salisbury, MD or Salisbury, MA?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:06 PM

774 posts, read 474,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Cumberland, very scenic part of MD.

Salisbury, MD or Salisbury, MA?
Salisbury, MA. Seems a little less isolated and it's right on the coast.

Oakland, CA vs. Oakwood, OH

Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 PM

634 posts, read 254,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Salisbury, MA. Seems a little less isolated and it's right on the coast.

Oakland, CA vs. Oakwood, OH
Oakland, CA. Even though it's ridiculously expensive I like the Bay Area. I like the Big tech industry there, as well as San Francisco and the natural beauty of the area. Also it has a decently sized African-American community. Plus I can go to the Oracle Arena for Warriors games...

Boulder City, NV or Niagara Falls, NY?

Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 AM

3,604 posts, read 1,533,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Oakland, CA. Even though it's ridiculously expensive I like the Bay Area. I like the Big tech industry there, as well as San Francisco and the natural beauty of the area. Also it has a decently sized African-American community. Plus I can go to the Oracle Arena for Warriors games...

Boulder City, NV or Niagara Falls, NY?
Niagara Falls. I prefer that region.

Allentown, PA or Scranton, PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or