U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 05:45 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,447,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
If I had to live in the south, I'd pick Little Rock. It is near the Ozarks and has this band called the "Little Rockers" that I kinda like.

Small town time! Mayer, AZ or Lexington, MI?
I am a fan of the west, so without even looking up Mayer i would rather live in Arizona than Michigan

New Braunfels, TX or San Luis Obispo CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 06:08 PM

9,394 posts, read 18,227,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
I am a fan of the west, so without even looking up Mayer i would rather live in Arizona than Michigan

New Braunfels, TX or San Luis Obispo CA?
SLO seems like a chill and scenic coastal area with great weather. I could gladly hang my hat there.

La Jolla, CA or Cape May, NJ?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:16 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,447,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
SLO seems like a chill and scenic coastal area with great weather. I could gladly hang my hat there.

La Jolla, CA or Cape May, NJ?
La Jolla, CA...Been there many times and i would gladly live there. Great location, and great little beach town.

Telluride CO or Park City UT?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:21 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,460,550 times
Quote:
La Jolla, CA...Been there many times and i would gladly live there. Great location, and great little beach town.

Park City. CO isn't really for me but parts of Utah are cool.

Spokane, WA or Albany, NY?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:22 PM

9,394 posts, read 18,227,475 times
Quote:

Telluride for sure. I think the surrounding mountains in the box canyon block off the cumbersome realities in the rest of the world, it's a bubble (but in a good way). I spent my last birthday in Telluride, I had fun. Hiking above the treeline, gondola rides through the aspens, had french food and good wine, and chatting with the grilled cheese lady (she's the town mom and has a fabulous grilled cheese stand in the middle of town), and bought myself some decent hiking shoes. Telluride is my all time favorite mountain town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Park City. CO isn't really for me but parts of Utah are cool.

Spokane, WA or Albany, NY?
Albany, it's close to home for me near the Mass state line. It also provides easy access to excellent weekend trips with NYC, Boston, and Montreal all within a 3 hour drive.

Sun Valley, ID or Stowe, VT?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:24 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,460,550 times
Quote:
Telluride for sure. I think the surrounding mountains in the box canyon block off the cumbersome realities in the rest of the world, it's a bubble (but in a good way). I spent my last birthday in Telluride, I had fun. Hiking above the treeline, gondola rides through the aspens, had french food and good wine, and chatting with the grilled cheese lady (she's the town mom and has a fabulous grilled cheese stand in the middle of town). Telluride is my all time favorite mountain town.

Looks like you posted a few seconds after me, haha.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:04 PM

66 posts, read 51,751 times
SLO is one of my favorite places not just in California but anywhere.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:14 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,057,216 times
Quote:
Telluride for sure. I think the surrounding mountains in the box canyon block off the cumbersome realities in the rest of the world, it's a bubble (but in a good way). I spent my last birthday in Telluride, I had fun. Hiking above the treeline, gondola rides through the aspens, had french food and good wine, and chatting with the grilled cheese lady (she's the town mom and has a fabulous grilled cheese stand in the middle of town), and bought myself some decent hiking shoes. Telluride is my all time favorite mountain town.

Albany, it's close to home for me near the Mass state line. It also provides easy access to excellent weekend trips with NYC, Boston, and Montreal all within a 3 hour drive.

Stowe, VT. I love Vermont and Bernie Sanders is from there and he's the best.

Houma, LA or Athens, GA?

Old 11-14-2015, 10:22 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,348,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Stowe, VT. I love Vermont and Bernie Sanders is from there and he's the best.

Houma, LA or Athens, GA?
Houma is pure Cajun Swamp Country and can be quite enchanting in brief visits, but if I'm leaving New Orleans it wouldn't be for Houma. So...Athens

Toronto or Philadelphia?

Old 11-14-2015, 10:38 PM

66 posts, read 51,751 times
Philadelphia.

Better nature/parks in the city and metro, better setting in the Northeast, better weather, better food and better history.

Portland, OR or Austin, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or