Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 12:30 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times

Advertisements

Probably Cleveland, though I've never been to Milwaukee and would like to visit there someday.

Enid, OK or Plattsburgh, NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 01:41 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Probably Cleveland, though I've never been to Milwaukee and would like to visit there someday.

Enid, OK or Plattsburgh, NY?
Yes, come visit us! Our lake is better .

Plattsburgh. I prefer everything about it.

Ogden, UT or Nampa, ID?

Old 11-12-2018, 02:01 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Yes, come visit us! Our lake is better .

Plattsburgh. I prefer everything about it.

Ogden, UT or Nampa, ID?
Ogden Utah is beautiful. Never been to Nampa Idaho.

Chattanooga Tennessee or Providence Rhode Island.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 PM

9,683 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Ogden Utah is beautiful. Never been to Nampa Idaho.

Chattanooga Tennessee or Providence Rhode Island.
Providence because it is safer and a larger city.

Nashville, TN or Cleveland, OH?

Old 11-12-2018, 03:07 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Providence because it is safer and a larger city.

Nashville, TN or Cleveland, OH?
Nashville. Better economy. More moderate climate. I do like Cleveland though.

San Jose, CA or Tacoma, WA?

Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 PM

755 posts, read 570,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Nashville. Better economy. More moderate climate. I do like Cleveland though.

San Jose, CA or Tacoma, WA?
Overall, I'll go with San Jose. But are great, but I think the Bay Area just has more to offer than the Seattle-Tacoma metro. Both have great tech centers, but again I'll give the edge to San Jose. The only thing I dislike is the higher cost of living. Given a good/optimal job San Jose. But if cost of living becomes a huge factor, Tacoma.

Santa Cruz, CA or Wilmington, NC?

Old 11-14-2018, 04:17 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Overall, I'll go with San Jose. But are great, but I think the Bay Area just has more to offer than the Seattle-Tacoma metro. Both have great tech centers, but again I'll give the edge to San Jose. The only thing I dislike is the higher cost of living. Given a good/optimal job San Jose. But if cost of living becomes a huge factor, Tacoma.

Santa Cruz, CA or Wilmington, NC?
Santa Cruz due to its beautiful setting. It looks like a really pleasant coastal city, and it's fairly close to San Francisco for day/weekend trips, which would be nice too.

Baltimore, MD or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:05 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Santa Cruz due to its beautiful setting. It looks like a really pleasant coastal city, and it's fairly close to San Francisco for day/weekend trips, which would be nice too.

Baltimore, MD or Jacksonville, FL?
Baltimore. It has both more character and more characters - it gave us John Waters.

Shreveport, La., or Harrisburg, Pa.?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:57 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,954,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Baltimore. It has both more character and more characters - it gave us John Waters.

Shreveport, La., or Harrisburg, Pa.?
Harrisburg for me. It's a state capital, has a cool skyline for its size, has a riverfront setting, is near Hersheypark and the Amish country, Gettysburg, is near Adamstown where lots of cool antiques are, and is an easy weekend getaway to Philly, Baltimore, DC, Pittsburgh, and also that the mountains north of the city keep its winters from being too severe, but with enough snow to have a real winter there, and summers that are warm to hot, but manageable, with fewer thunderstorms/tropical storm/tornado threats compared to Louisiana. I'd also be closer to family. And it's also just a three-hour drive to NYC for a weekend out there.

Shreveport isn't that special IMO since that part of Louisiana is more typical Deep South and lacks the unique cajun/creole feel of the rest of the state, plus it isn't on the Mississippi nor the Gulf. It's also four hours to the Gulf, compared to a little less than three for the Jersey shore (where they have REAL boardwalks!). The big city three hours away out there is Dallas, which is big for that part of the country, but I just don't find it very exciting compared to other big cities.

Rock Springs, WY or Kenova, WV?

Last edited by Borntoolate85; 11-14-2018 at 07:13 AM..

Old 11-14-2018, 06:25 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Harrisburg for me. It's a state capital, has a cool skyline for its size, has a riverfront setting, is near Hersheypark and the Amish country, Gettysburg, is near Adamstown where lots of cool antiques are, and is an easy weekend getaway to Philly, Baltimore, DC, Pittsburgh, and also that the mountains north of the city keep its winters from being to severe, but with enough snow to have a real winter there, and summers that are warm to hot, but manageable, with fewer thunderstorms/tropical storm/tornado threats compared to Louisiana. I'd also be closer to family. And it's also just a three-hour drive to NYC for a weekend out there.

Shreveport isn't that special IMO since that part of Louisiana is more typical Deep South and lacks the unique cajun/creole feel of the rest of the state, plus it isn't on the Mississippi nor the Gulf. It's also four hours to the Gulf, compared to a little less than three for the Jersey shore (where they have REAL boardwalks!). The big city three hours away out there is Dallas, which is big for that part of the country, but I just don't find it very exciting compared to other big cities.

Rock Springs, WY or Kenova, WV?
I know nothing about either town. I'll go with Rock Springs, since I have a high school friend who lives in WY.

Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City