Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 04:56 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
These are both on my list to live in someday. It's actually tough cause I really love a lot of aspects about each one. Maybe this is cheating but I'm gonna say slight edge to NOLA if I were still single. It just gives me a warmer community vibe, sense of local pride, and this identity that I can get behind. Whereas, moving with my family I would give the slight edge to Vegas. I know my wife and I would prefer the cuisine in Vegas over the long haul (obviously NOLA is fantastic in its own right though) and the lack of income tax plus higher Asian presence makes it the better fit.

Key West, FL vs Sedona, AZ
Sedona because I've never been there and they say it the most beautiful place in the contry.

Boston or Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 09:22 PM

754 posts, read 569,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Sedona because I've never been there and they say it the most beautiful place in the contry.

Boston or Atlanta
Boston. Even though it's cost of living is much worse, I prefer it as a city overall, plus I like the metro area better. Atlanta is still good though.

Raleigh, NC or Richmond, VA?

Old 03-05-2019, 09:48 PM

14,144 posts, read 9,035,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Boston. Even though it's cost of living is much worse, I prefer it as a city overall, plus I like the metro area better. Atlanta is still good though.

Raleigh, NC or Richmond, VA?
Richmond. More elegant than Raleigh and has several really cool urban neighborhoods. Besides, Mr. Jefferson's state capital building is one of the more graceful in the country.

Richmond, Cal., or Norristown, Pa.?

Old 03-06-2019, 03:57 AM

10,742 posts, read 23,795,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Richmond. More elegant than Raleigh and has several really cool urban neighborhoods. Besides, Mr. Jefferson's state capital building is one of the more graceful in the country.

Richmond, Cal., or Norristown, Pa.?
Normally I would go with the metro area that the suburb is located in that I'd prefer to be in, as is the most common reflex answer I've noticed in the thread. In this case we have Bay Area vs Philly. I'd rather be near SF but I've been to Norristown, and Montgomery County, PA and I know Norristown is a much nicer to place to live than Richmond (not so nice). Norristown ftw.

Hudson, NY or New London, CT?

Old 03-06-2019, 10:32 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,858,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Normally I would go with the metro area that the suburb is located in that I'd prefer to be in, as is the most common reflex answer I've noticed in the thread. In this case we have Bay Area vs Philly. I'd rather be near SF but I've been to Norristown, and Montgomery County, PA and I know Norristown is a much nicer to place to live than Richmond (not so nice). Norristown ftw.

Hudson, NY or New London, CT?
I'd rather visit Hudson, but as for where I'd rather live, I guess New London because it's in a more populous area, on the ocean, and more centrally located within its region than Hudson.

Pittsburgh, PA or Seattle, WA?

Old 03-06-2019, 10:37 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
I'd rather visit Hudson, but as for where I'd rather live, I guess New London because it's in a more populous area, on the ocean, and more centrally located within its region than Hudson.

Pittsburgh, PA or Seattle, WA?
Good one. Can't I do both? I'd like to say Seattle. Great city, beautiful setting, and water access. But Pittsburgh would be great too and is likely more livable for us in reality. I'm going with Seattle and we'll get season tickets for the inaugural NHL season.

Put-in-Bay, OH or Tangier, VA?

Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 AM

256 posts, read 150,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Good one. Can't I do both? I'd like to say Seattle. Great city, beautiful setting, and water access. But Pittsburgh would be great too and is likely more livable for us in reality. I'm going with Seattle and we'll get season tickets for the inaugural NHL season.

Put-in-Bay, OH or Tangier, VA?
Put-in-Bay - better weather, prefer the location (I have a relative in central OH and friends in both northern IN and northern WV), and I'd most likely prefer the culture too. Interesting places.

Pigeon Forge, TN or Myrtle Beach, SC?

Old 03-07-2019, 11:54 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Put-in-Bay - better weather, prefer the location (I have a relative in central OH and friends in both northern IN and northern WV), and I'd most likely prefer the culture too. Interesting places.

Pigeon Forge, TN or Myrtle Beach, SC?
Myrtle Beach. I.CANNOT.STAND Pigeon Forge. I don't particularly care for Myrtle Beach but I would just escape on my boat as much as possible.

Des Moines, IA or Rochester, MN?

Old 03-07-2019, 02:43 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,151,102 times
I think Des Moines is the safer bet for me. Never been to either though and not too excited about either one though they each seem livable for a temporary stay.

Mobile, AL vs Savannah, GA

Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM

409 posts, read 332,910 times
Savannah, GA. The architecture out there seems really nice and stepped into time. Plus it's near the coast and I'm a 4hr drive away from Atlanta.

Camden NJ or Detroit MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City