U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the most fangirls?
New York City 12 10.81%
San Francisco 32 28.83%
Atlanta 17 15.32%
Denver 1 0.90%
DC 2 1.80%
Seattle 14 12.61%
Chicago 5 4.50%
Austin 1 0.90%
Houston 4 3.60%
Minneapolis 4 3.60%
Los Angeles 8 7.21%
Portland, OR 0 0%
Boston 1 0.90%
Philadelphia 10 9.01%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:05 AM

553 posts, read 447,194 times

Advertisements

From what I've experienced reading these boards, most cities have them, but I feel like San Francisco is King here and Seattle to a lesser extent. Nothing against the actual cities though as I'm sure they are both great.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 AM

3,338 posts, read 2,255,906 times
The New Yorkers are actually pretty chill on here. But the San Francisco praise has gotten out of control recently, to unrealistic, unexpected proportions. And everybody goes crazy for Austin, Seattle, New Orleans. It's tiring seeing all that drooling on screen sometimes...

On the flip side, I guess August is "bash on LA month", since Chicago had July. And people never fail this sneak a diss on DC when they get a chance...

Old 08-11-2015, 08:58 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,046,429 times
It actually fluctuates as to which city's boosters are more active in here. When I first got on it was Austin then it quieted down. After that the militant Pennsylvanian contingent became quite active. Now they have quieted down and the San Franciscans are all over it.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:09 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,212,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The New Yorkers are actually pretty chill on here. But the San Francisco praise has gotten out of control recently, to unrealistic, unexpected proportions. And everybody goes crazy for Austin, Seattle, New Orleans. It's tiring seeing all that drooling on screen sometimes...

On the flip side, I guess August is "bash on LA month", since Chicago had July. And people never fail this sneak a diss on DC when they get a chance...
You got it wrong with New Orleans, which gets pissed on relentlessly here. So much so that posters go back and revive ancient threads just to keep beating the dead horse.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:18 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,119,356 times
>implying this forum has any girls

Old 08-11-2015, 02:18 PM

4,337 posts, read 3,153,498 times
I haven't seen any "fangirls" for Miami on these forums. That probably was a good one to add though, too bad I can't edit the poll.

Also I haven't seen any Nashville homers either.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
Clearly Phoenix. Or Orlando.

Kidding.
Haha I wanted to add my hometown of Phoenix just for the lulz but I didn't. Those two are probably the most hated cities on this forum.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Seattle, San Francisco, New York City and Atlanta
I would agree these are the top four that I see. Denver is probably 5th on my list but surprisingly has no votes yet. And I am also the only one who has voted for NYC so far. In real life outside of C-D NYC would probably lead this poll.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
You got it wrong with New Orleans, which gets pissed on relentlessly here. So much so that posters go back and revive ancient threads just to keep beating the dead horse.
I think New Orleans is a nice place. But it's definitely not seen with rosy glasses as Seattle, San Francisco, etc. are described on these forums.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:28 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,137,967 times
DC has at least as many fangirls as San Francisco on these forums. San Francisco really only has 2-3 super fangirls while many of its posters are actually reasonable (and by the way, merely mentioning something positive about a city you live or have lived in, or refuting some argument against the place isn't necessarily "fangirl" behavior - generally it can be and is pretty rational).

What happens, though, is that dozens of new polls and threads are created a month that pull San Francisco in as a main topic of interest, and almost none of these (if not none of these altogether) are actually created by posters from San Francisco. Combine that with the city's stature, right now, in media/business, as well as the fact that it is a beloved city that has been visited by so many people (that's not fangirl talk, judging from how discussed the city is and how well it polls, this is reality), and it probably gives way more of an impression of being talked about by "fangirls" than it actually is.

General problem on City-Data is that most posters are young, not really as well traveled as they'd like to think, and cannot see the forest from the trees. Perception, in other words, is often clouded.

On a per capita basis, the city "loved" and discussed the absolute least relative to how great it is (in any which way you want to look at it) is probably actually New York. The most hated city might actually be Los Angeles (not Atlanta or Dallas or Phoenix, the latter of which is mentioned pretty rarely on these forums despite being one of the largest cities/metros in America).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City