U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most prestigious
Los Angeles 114 44.36%
Chicago 39 15.18%
Washington, DC 44 17.12%
San Francisco 60 23.35%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 AM

31,598 posts, read 53,166,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs lol. Yea, they really represent programmers. You are so out of touch it's not even funny.

It must be important if every state and various countries want it. SORRY.

SF would love to have Hollywood buddy.

I know it hurts you deeply because you're so insecure, but there's help for that sort of stuff.
Hahaha first you talk about how hard it is to be a huge star like no other industry is hard( how ridiculous) and then you ask what is prestigious about programming.

Dont get mad because you got bodyslammed in return. LOL.

Bill Gates, richest man on planet earth, started out coding.

#pwned

Old 11-09-2015, 01:21 AM

1,687 posts, read 903,229 times
Again, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs don't represent the working programmers, coders, engineers in the slightest. And they're more businessman than programmers anyway.

I didn't bring up Spielberg, cause he doesnt represent most directors.

It's common sense. Maybe you've heard of it.

Or maybe you haven't, Colin.

I never said anything about the STARS, smart guy. You and dirtypirate can't seem to read between the lines. I have to spell it out like I'm talking to little chldren.

I know and worked with Engineers. They don't think it's that difficult or amazing. It's just a job, like most professions are.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:25 AM

It truly is amazing how automotive R&D has systemstically migrated out of Los Angeles but then has found it's way to the Bay Area, they want to be on the cusp of the future, clearly.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Again, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs don't represent the working programmers, coders, engineers in the slightest. And they're more businessman than programmers anyway.

I didn't bring up Spielberg, cause he doesnt represent most directors.

It's common sense. Maybe you've heard of it.

Or maybe you haven't, Colin.

I never said anything about the STARS, smart guy. You and dirtypirate can't seem to read between the lines. I have to spell it out like I'm talking to little chldren.
You asked about programming and prestige, and it blew up in yer face. Get over it.

Lol

Old 11-09-2015, 01:28 AM

You mentioned two guys. I don't care if you mention 50. They don't represent the field at all.
They're the exceptions.

Anyone with any sort of intelligence would realize that.

Outside of naming the most extreme cases, why is programming and engineering prestigous again?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 AM

pres·tige
preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/
noun
widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.
"he experienced a tremendous increase in prestige following his victory"
synonyms: status, standing, stature, reputation, repute, regard, fame, note, renown, honor, esteem, celebrity, importance, prominence, influence, eminence; kudos, cachet; informalclout
"she missed the prestige of the job, but not the ungodly hours of work"
denoting something that arouses respect or admiration.
modifier noun: prestige
"prestige wines"

You said a professional athlete or actors aren't prestigous.

The definition disagrees. Like everything else you talk about, you got it wrong.

GAME OVER

Go outside and ask people who do they respect and admire more--a NBA player or a coder.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
You mentioned two guys. I don't care if you mention 50. They don't represent the field at all.
They're the exceptions.

Anyone with any sort of intelligence would realize that.

Outside of naming the most extreme cases, why is programming and engineering prestigous again?
Haha oh and actors making millions arent extreme cases?

Now your just being hypocritical.

Just stop.

Notice how like several pages later, Ive gone off on affluent suburbs, top schools, top universities, top restaurants, innovative economy, automotive industry growth etc.

And you are still STUCK in trying to force everyone to go along with your hollywood glam=prestige LIE.

Sad really.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:50 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,252,777 times
Bay Area people still trying, LoL.

Hollywood is not a glam lie. Acting is an ART. But most Bay area people are not really patrons of the arts. They just pretend they are so they can feel like they are New Yorkers, LOL.

Sorry but LA will always own the bay. The bay is puny small fries like Boston and DC. NYC/LA pretty much own everything.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha oh and actors making millions arent extreme cases?

Now your just being hypocritical.

Just stop.

Notice how like several pages later, Ive gone off on affluent suburbs, top schools, top universities, top restaurants, innovative economy, automotive industry growth etc.

And you are still STUCK in trying to force everyone to go along with your hollywood glam=prestige LIE.

Sad really.
I NEVER MENTIONED ANY SPECIFIC ACTORS MAKING MILLIONS, COLIN.

I NEVER MENTIONED STARS, COLIN.

Read again, and try to use your brain for once.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Go outside and ask people who do they respect and admire more--a NBA player or a coder.
Hahaha look at the blatant fallacy^

So the TOP of one field vs the bottom of another field?

What about Steph Curry vs Mark Zuckerberg?

Mark Zuckerberg, Founder of Facebook and has a personal worth of $35 BILLION.

#ouch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or